 Trains / *24615 (-100)
  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

(...) James, I received another email from them today stating that the order was received and now placed. I'll keep you posted on what happens. Thanks for checking into this. Mark (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

Woa, you guys really like to build big! Those are very nice sky scrapers. I cannot decide if I like the white skyscraper best or if the beach houses win out. Funny thing is that I had a hard time finding pictures of the trains! I looks like you put (...) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

The first train show we did, i took some movies, but my camera is a bit wide. (All the movies were on the side) Aaron (...) (URL) (21 years ago, 24-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) That was a type-o :) I realized after I posted. I think I mentioned earlier that I really like your 8 wide rendition, though I will never make the jump to that scale ;) I'll stick with my 6 wide SD70ace Dave K -still doesn't know why the (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

(...) Josh (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

(...) SD70ACe, ;) (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) My thinking on the techinic peg/axle (part #3747) is that the drive rod will remain rigid, and, since one side of the peg/axle connecter can move in and out freely, the space between the drive rod and the wheel will change. Unfortunately, I (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  A new American Class 4-4-0 wood burning steam engine

I just finished uploading pictures of my new steam engine to my web site. I decided to put up pictures even though the engine is still missing one black macaroni brick (Since a lot of my LEGO is still in boxes from the last move, it will be a while (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Done, well sort of. I have already completed a mallard, although it was built before bbb wheels. Instead i am using the old red wheels, and some metal flanges they are very similar in size to the bbb wheels. The way I acomplished it was a set (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  4-6-2 Wheel Formations using BBB wheels

There's been a discussion going on under the '8-wide Hogwarts Express' thread concerning wheel formations and drive/push rods using BBB driver wheels. I'd like to take the liberty of opening this up and starting a new thread requesting all you (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I think some sort of flexibility is also required in the drive rods themselves. Teunis Davey uses flex rods and he says this works - so this might be worth a try. Geoff (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Now that is inspired genius! You wouldn't really have to connect the middle wheels to the rods at all though, which may make it easier. The possibility is there for adding skirts to the hundreds of 'Mallards' that are about to appear... I can (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I bought two sets of drive wheels from Ben. Four red ones for my American 4-4-0, which I just finished (less one black macaroni... grrr), and 6 black wheels for eventually making a 4-6-2. I haven't even started planning my 4-6-2, but I have (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Layout looks great. The woolworths is cool. I am interested in how you guys have the yellow brick set up so may come along to a meeting soon, I have mine in storage and have never used it. The videos are cool, love the one where the train moves (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  BayLTC at TCA Spring Meet

For Immediate Release Contact: Russell Clark rclark@telis.org 408.605.5412 (cell) SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA, CA - The Bay Area LEGO Train Club (BayLTC) is pleased to announce that it will be displaying at the Train Collectors Assocation Cal-Stewart (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.us.ca.sac, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sf, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sacbb, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org)

  Built-in Train car separator

Hello all, At work today I was inspired and thought out a nifty little addition that shouldn't have taken much time to actually build. So when I got home, I started... (URL) seen 'em before, but I wanted this one to fit completely under the loading (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) That's a great layout! Very cool. (Is a video from the train within the current BUGS technology? I've seen a couple from the US, it'd be cool to see one of your layout...) Cheers Richie Dulin (URL) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Industrial Piping Study

Greetings, Earth Mortals! Just a quick weekend throw-together to study how industrial piping might work. Though this model is non-specific (especially as regards color), the ideas explored seemed useful in a number of applications. If you're (...) (21 years ago, 23-Mar-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

(...) Mark, Thanks for posting this notice. I'm really sorry about the cancellation. I received a notice from CafePress that there was some problem with the PDF, but it read as if "I" were the person ordering the product. Since I hadn't placed that (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  NCLTC @ Raleigh GATS

On April 24-25 NCLTC will have our layout on display at the Great American Train Show in Raleigh, North Carolina. We still have a small amount of open space available in the layout, if you are interested in participating, please contact me directly. (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org.ncltc, lugnet.org.us.nclug, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Pullman style window idea

While perusing the net I came across this pic (URL) and had a sudden flash of inspiration about the oval windows at the ends (URL) The image is coloured as it is simply to show construction and uses two arches and the base from a 2x2 turntable. The (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Great show I guess - great pictures at least. Some interesting stuff, see comments below. (...) How is this build. I can see most of it, but the front lower part??? (the upper with the bumper is clear, but what holds it in the bottom? (...) (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TALC logo (Trains of Australia Lego Club)

(...) Hello Aaron, Peter and all other BLTG members. I saw your BLTG logo ideas a little while ago. Your logo idea Aaron, thats My favorite logo.I hope you use it. I also really Like the TALC logo that John Neal Designed. I just hope that we could (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Hello All, The part that I think we could not make trains without ! The train motor ! 4.5v, 9v , 12v. All these motors. As where is the fun, if you have to push the train. But, I think there is a more important piece . I don't know if I would (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) Hello All, of the BLTG ! Thanks For sharing your pictures. I enjoyed looking at them ! Prehaps one day we could have a National LTC meeting.Inviting International Guests !Calling it TALC ! A combined effort of the BLTG, M>ltc and any other OZ (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

(...) Aaron mate great photo work. when you look back at the first show 2 years ago we are just getting better each time. Again thanks for the effort and support you have given to BLTG. to all our members thanks to all for the support I know we (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Streamliner Dome Car Instructions Corrected and BF PDX 2004

Hi, I tried to order a copy of the instructions from CafePress a couple of weeks ago and was informed there were still problems with the printing. See the email below I received from CafePress: You order has been canceled because there was some (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  BUGS - Sandgate Show, Photos available

Hi all, the photos that i took from the Sandgate Model train and hobby show. After moderation: (URL) sure to check out the vids. 1) There is one of Gary's track buffer taking a hit. (these were great, ther absorbed the impact of the train hitting a (...) (21 years ago, 22-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Mine is the technic plates that I usually use to attach bogies to the chassis :D ROSCO (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

(...) Yup, it would be about a 2 hour drive to Dayton, however, that is the weekend prior to the Indy GATS which we'll participate in. I don't think too many of the guys could do back to back weekends, although it would be fun to have two LEGO (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

(...) so true! The next member to join will have to have at least a cargo-van, or an SUV/Truck with a trailer! As for next shows, that's up in the air. Besides the "standard" shows like GATS and Greenberg, we have a bunch of invitations. At our next (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

(...) Paul, I stand in awe at the scale you guys can build! Who owns the 18 wheeler? Because you must need one to haul those huge buildings around the State of Ohio. When is you next show? IndyLUG is going to caravan over to see your stuff in (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

(...) We adopted a scale of 1 brick = 1 meter: The tallest so far, the LeVeque (white), is 169 bricks tall (antenna not counted), which is 5 feet and 4 inches. Huntington Bank (sand red/trans-blue): 156 bricks or 4 feet and 11 inches Vern Riffe (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Making train switch control unit modularized

Since adding motorized switch units to my LEGO track Wyes, I needed to come up with a good control unit. My first was 4 switches built into one box. Then I thought, "Hey! What if I wanted to expand? Add more switches??" Inspired by rtlToronto robot (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

I was wondering how tall the buildings are in feet. thanks mark indylug (...) (21 years ago, 21-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Brickshelf MOCs page

Hi folks! I only signed up to Lugnet couple months or so ago, but I finally got a digital camera and have posted pictures of my various MOCs on my brickshelf page: <www.brickshelf.com/...=Earthman> There's a variety of different ones, even ones made (...) (21 years ago, 20-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.org.us.indylug, lugnet.space, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: LTC Practices and Specs

(...) I usually think of the GMLTC as using a form of baseplate modularity---but without the modules (since GMLTC 'modules' are artefacts of building and transportation issues, rather than representing contributions by distinct members). (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

(...) That's right, without extra washer it is too tight. so, one could either modify the switch, but easier would be the use of washers (or if big wheels are used on an axle, make it a bit more roomier. (...) oops, yup, that is right. when (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

I think we determined that the derail was caused the wheels being a little too close together. Even with the large flanges, the steam engine would traverse the switch, if a small washer were used to keep the big wheels a bit farther apart. Also, one (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NovaLUG to display in New Minas, Nova Scotia, March 20th

Greetings all, NovaLUG will participating in the Kings county Hobby Show at County Fair Mall in New Minas, Nova Scotia, tomorrow, March 20th. The show is from 9 am until 3 pm, free admission. New Minas is near the start of the Annapolis Valley, just (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.novalug, lugnet.loc.ca.ns)

  Re: Custom Curved Switch in our layout

I love those flanges on that steamer! I've been trying to aqcuire some for a while now. I didn't know there were 2 sizes!?! -brickmodder (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Custom Curved Switch in our layout

We forgot to take clear pictures of them at our last show, but here is a preview: (URL) As you can see, we used a custom modified switch (by Joe), of which the off-leg equals 1 curved track. This can save a lot of space, and makes turns off of a (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

(...) That's pretty amazing. I was looking at the LeVeque Tower on Brickshelf yesterday and wondered who was responsible for it.. Very nice! (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: LTC Practices and Specs

(...) Well, fyi, the GMLTC doesn't really follow any of these types of layout organization. We would be something more like "layout modularity", since our layout is designed so that structure, themes, look & feel - all flow from one module onto the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Pictures and Video of COLTC at the Greenberg show

Last weekend, COLTC displayed at the Greenberg Toy, Train, and Hobby show, in Columbus, Ohio. We had one of our largest displays to date in our young life (we just turned 1 year old). We had an L-shaped, 30 x 30 foot display, with a total of 4 (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Thanks. And I can feel the peer pressure building - I can see myself ending up doing that A4 Pacific. Hopefully it'll be better than this one: (URL) Jason Railton (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  LTC Practices and Specs

(...) Several months ago, I poked around several LTC Websites looking for information on how the clubs operate, both as organizations and as layout developers. What I found was a dearth of data. Some Websites did have some interesting and (...) (21 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org)

  Re: Open Poll...

(...) Hello modder, hello fodder.... Actually, I don't even like those-- we rip them apart to create our own trucks in the TCLTC clubhouse. I would say a BBB driver, but that's not LEGO..., sooo I guess it would be the 9 volt motor by default; you (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Open Poll...

What's your favorite Lego train element? Mine's a wheelset. Can't have trains without those! -brickmodder (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Switch box, shelves, EMDSD40ace, Oh My!

So, it's been a bit of a dry spell with updates, so I went downstaris, built a little bit, and took some pics! (URL) a switch box directly ripped off from Jeff E from rtlTrain(s). Showing new pics of my GE Diesel loco, And here-- (URL) new (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

(...) Very cool John, I saw this on Brickshelf earlier today and really liked the look of it. I can't wait till we get to see more of the layout. jt (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TCLTC LEGO Brick Sculpture Plaza

Ever since Ross built these a few years back: (2 URLs) I decided> that they needed to be a part of the TCLTC layout. Here is the result: (URL) More pics (URL) HERE> TCLTC page (URL) HERE> JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, Jason J. Railton wrote: <snip> (...) That's how I managed to do it too! (...) I managed to fit the cylinders to the front bogie so they articulate too, but can't fit push rods though (...) Wouldn't normally do a Mallard Jason, but (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Any club that would like to exchange cargo containers with NELUG may contact me by e-mail: chris AT drvegetable.com to arrange a swap. I agree with JT that it is more in the spirit of the exchange to swap whole containers instead of sticker (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) The North Georgia LTC (NGLTC) containers should be available at the time of the next Brickfest, I'm not sure any will be made before then. We normally do not exchange just container stickers since I think the interesting part of the exhange is (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Hello All ! Sorry for the spelling mistake.It's Carolina Train Builders ! Here is were I saw The container, It's one of "scrope" Brickshelf pictures. Brian Williams' Frisco 1630 Steam train. (URL) not after every LTC container ! Because some (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  New Pics of Matt's Roller Coaster

Well, I have finally got updated roller coaster pictures on line. These are pictures of the coaster in its latest rendition, as shown at BrickFest PDX last month. Check www.insidethevault.c...ercoaster. I am still looking for a good video of the (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.market.auction) !!

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) It's actually "Carolina Train Builders" if I am not mistaken (...) I cannot help you on the picture. I was too busy to see to it that good pics were taken, much to my great regret. But as to the identity of the award winners; (URL) containers (...) (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in message news:Hur54p.23qK@lugnet.com... (...) Larry (...) These (...) a (...) find (...) No, should I? :-) Seriously, can who ever has them let me know so I at least know where they ended up? Mike (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Did you try looking for them on Ebay;-) JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au, FTX)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

"Teunis Davey" <teunisdavey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HuIE22.11sJ@lugnet.com... [ ... snipped ...] (...) [ ... snipped ... ] This one may be hard to get. I only made two of them and gave them to Larry P. to award as prizes at BrickFest (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout featuring many new trains. As (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Well, stop wasting your time on LUGNet and get on with it! ;-) Seriously Ben, we can hardly wait. I gather these prototypes have some of the back of the wheel missing too, so the flanges of the outer wheels can tuck in behind. These means the (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I had already admired your 4-6-2 chassis Teunis, but unfortunately my Lego collection doesn't run as far as flexrods! I have managed an articulated 4-6-2 chassis of my own using BBB wheels with the view of trying to create a 6-wide LNER (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Don't mention it. One of the true cars has about 10 doors. 8-# Thomas (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: looking for comments on website 'version 2'

(...) John-3 says his DNS might be acting flaky. Try the (URL) 'direct route'...> Thanks! J-1 (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: looking for comments on website 'version 2'

(...) My browser times out every time I try to connect to www.gmltc.org. TWS Garrison (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  looking for comments on website 'version 2'

So, I'm using my "free time" (aka: unemployment) to do a redesign of the gmltc website. Any comments and/or advice? (URL) check it out here>, and let me know what you think. Most of the 'gallery' links don't work, John-3 and I need to sit down and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org, FTX)

  Re: Cars for the Hogwarts Express

(...) Nice. Now here is the bad news-- there are four cars in the consist of the Hogwarts Express! 8^O JOHN (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Cars for the Hogwarts Express

Here are my cars for the Hogwarts Express: (URL) paid more for the four red doors than each of the two 4708 sets. :-) Thomas (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: TLC Train Improvements

"Erik Bush2" <erbush@gcasda.org> wrote in message news:Huo9B3.t05@lugnet.com... [snipped] (...) engine. (...) TLC (...) What I understand from your post is that: a) you want TLC to produce a (decent) American engine (and American waggons) and b) (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote: <snip> (...) fyi Big Ben Bricks LLC is working on a mold to produce an unflanged wheels for purchase. John has a few prototypes of the 'blind' driver. Kind regards, Ben Fleskes Big Ben Bricks LLC (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: GATS Display

(...) Don - Nice layout - the tables look great! A few quick questions... How long did it take to set up? How did your rope barriers work out? Can you describe how you made them? ((URL) like you guys had a good time - looking forward to pictures of (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) I'm not sure how well it shows up in the pictures, but the middle driver axle is a 'blind' driver - the flanges have been removed from those two wheels. This way, I'm really just running a two-axle configuration, the middle axle is more for (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  TLC Train Improvements

Hey, I know that TLC produced a new train late last year or early this year but I think that it is time for TLC to make a new train car or a couple new ones. Perhaps a gondola would be nice to have. A gondola like this one. Perhaps in this color or (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Getting Started with LEGO Trains - Wait for the 2nd edition!

(...) My copy has arrived, and I've read it and I'm not impressed. As requested, I've tried to leave a review at Amazon, but as they still list the book as unavailable that doesn't seem to be possible, so I've posted my review below. I bought the (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.books, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) Hello Geoff, I have used flex rods as push rods , with the centre axel moving sideways. It works really well. But it needs a fare bit of weight above the drive wheels.to work fully (this was fixed when I put the train body ontop.) Sorry I have (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

Hi John, Nice Hogwarts Express. Looks great with the coupling rods/drive rods. I too have Ben's excellent wheels but am struggling to make these connections with six drivers and accomodate the necessary articulation to get round the sharp curves, (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures from NILTC display at All American Railroad Show

A small but busy show! (URL) you, Ken (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: NGLTC NMRA Piedmont Division show pictures

Hey, I had a GREAT time sunday and there was quite a large crowd. "At the end of the show we found out that one of our conductors had deserted L-gauge and change over to another scale: (URL) LOL! I find that very funny because the man who built that (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  NGLTC NMRA Piedmont Division show pictures

This past weekend the North Georgia LEGO Train Club (NGLTC) participated in the local NMRA Piedmont Division train show in Cobb County Georgia. This is the 4th year we have been invited to show at this event. It is a much smaller event than we (...) (21 years ago, 16-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Spamcake Diner™ Car (New)

Hi John! thanks for sharing this great MOC (with little Schleim but much character)! Probably everybody thinking 8-wide thought of using (URL) this part> in grey for a trainroof. But you realised it. And a lovely color-sheme on the car and great (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  MichLTC to display at the Ypsilanti Railroad Days

MichLTC has been invited to display at the Ypsilanti Railroad Days event. It will be at the Ypsilanti City Farmers Market. Our 10x12 layout will feature creations by our own Chris Leach, Spencer Rezkalla and Steve Ringe. The Market is open from 8am (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.org) !

  GtwLUG to show at GATS on 20-21 March

This weekend March 20th and 21st GtwLUG (Gateway LEGO® Users Group) will be at the GATS show in Collinsville, IL (URL) GATS Calendar page> from 11:00 to 5:00 both days. Admission is $7 for adults, kids under 12 are free. Our layout is the same size (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) (snip the image because I'm on my dial-up connection!) (...) Yea, and all it took was for someone (Thanks, Ben!) to design, mold and sell their own train wheels! The technic axle is attached to this (URL) piece>, it's a bit hard to find. I've (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  I need your help... and info!

(Note: please trim newsgroups on reply) All, As you know, I work both with you and with colleagues inside the LEGO Company. My efforts internally include a large bit of "training and introduction" about AFOLs. Projects like the "AFOLs" comic are (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general, lugnet.publish, lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) To John, I really like the way that you have built the boiler !It's Round ! I hope you don't mind if I borrow that Boiler design. Nothing wrong with 9 wides ! Thanks , Teunis. (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

(...) FINALY a steam engine with drive rods! ondrew (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spamcake Diner™ Car (New)

(...) Sweeeeet Although simple in appearance it really looks great. I think the length of the model helps it a lot. The trucks however are the jewel of the model. (URL) Well done! OnDrew p.s. I hope you don’t mind me barrowing the truck design =) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Report: Sandgate Model Train & Hobby Show (Brisbane)

Hello all, Saturday and Sunday saw the BLTG (Brisbane Lego Train Group), at the Sandgate Model Train and Hobby Show. Gary, Ken, and Aaron went allong on Friday night to setup the track and tables. On Saturday the day was busyr than expected, but we (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.trains)

  8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels

So I got some wheels from Ben Fleskes, and knew I had to build a version of the "Hogwart's Express" from the Harry Potter movies. There's only four pictures in the (URL) folder>, here is a preview image: (URL) The boiler is build from a whole bunch (...) (21 years ago, 15-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Spamcake Diner™ Car (New)

(...) It's beauuuuutiful! (...) Spamcake on rails .. the only way to go. -Tom McD. (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Spamcake Diner™ Car (New)

I have been collecting (URL) this part> in gray for about 5 years now-- it has only appeared in 1 set in gray, back in 1998 ((URL) Set 5542>) Anyway, I finally decided what to do with those I had accumulated, and here it is-- my Spamcake Diner™ Car: (...) (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Challenger 4-6-6-4

Hi! I have posted some pics on Brickshelf of my new train. The Challenger 4-6-6-4 locovotiv in black painting. Have a look if you want: (URL) I also put up some better pics of my Danish S-class locomotiv: (URL) Henrik (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Shaun Sullivan's "Steaming" Dry Iced 4-8-4 Northern

Hey, Shaun, How is your dry iced model of the 4-8-4 Northern Coming? Perhaps you already finished it but I missed the photos? Well anyway, just curious:) Build Well, Erik Bush (21 years ago, 14-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: PDX / LTC container swap

(...) Hello All ! I have built all of the LTC containers , for which I got stickers for. Thanks to all the clubs that have sent theirs. But I still have about 20 MORE to collect. They are:- NGLTC NALUG NELUG WAMALUG VANCOVVER LEGO CLUB INDYLUG SPLTC (...) (21 years ago, 13-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au)

  Frisco 1630 and other Info

(...) Thanks! Yes, that is a model of the Frisco 1630, and actual locomotive operating at the Illinois Railway Museum (www.irm.org). Its 9wide, has sound synchonized to the drivers and a whistle activated by a reed switch underneath. The motor is in (...) (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Does Anyone Have Any Information On This?

(...) Yes, it is a Decapod built by Brian. He actually brought it to the TCLTC clubhouse so that I could see it in person:-) He even installed a sound card in it (tres cool). JOHN (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Re: Does Anyone Have Any Information On This?

(...) I think that might be the work of Brian Williams. IIRC he had a Frisco engine that won a very special mention at BrickFest DC 2003,,, (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

  Does Anyone Have Any Information On This?

Hey, Does anyone have any information on this train? I would like to see more pictures. I really like it. Here is the picture: (URL) You Build Well Erik Bush (21 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, lugnet.build)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact