 Trains / 22574
Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:09:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Teunis Davey wrote:

Hello Geoff, I have used flex rods as push rods , with the centre axel moving sideways. It works really well. But it needs a fare bit of weight above the drive wheels.to work fully (this was fixed when I put the train body ontop.) Sorry I have no pictures that show this in great detail on brickshelf.I hope to have some up soon . Have you seen Ross Neals Idea ? I really like his idea for push rods !

some pics - (taken by other people)

test chassie -

complete train

Thanks, Teunis

I had already admired your 4-6-2 chassis Teunis, but unfortunately my Lego collection doesn’t run as far as flexrods!

I have managed an articulated 4-6-2 chassis of my own using BBB wheels with the view of trying to create a 6-wide LNER Mallard lococmotive, but the inability to connect the drivers is very frustrating!

I’ll just have to perseverve and just do the best I can with what I have.

Regards,

Geoff