 Trains / 22564
Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 2004 11:47:50 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Geoff Snell wrote:
   Hi John,

Nice Hogwarts Express.

Looks great with the coupling rods/drive rods. I too have Ben’s excellent wheels but am struggling to make these connections with six drivers and accomodate the necessary articulation to get round the sharp curves, any tips?

Thanks,

Geoff

Hello Geoff, I have used flex rods as push rods , with the centre axel moving sideways. It works really well. But it needs a fare bit of weight above the drive wheels.to work fully (this was fixed when I put the train body ontop.) Sorry I have no pictures that show this in great detail on brickshelf.I hope to have some up soon . Have you seen Ross Neals Idea ? I really like his idea for push rods !

some pics - (taken by other people)

test chassie -

complete train

Thanks, Teunis