 Trains / 22558
Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:58:56 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Ondrew Hartigan wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, John Gerlach wrote:
   So I got some wheels from Ben Fleskes, and knew I had to build a version of the “Hogwart’s Express” from the Harry Potter movies.

There’s only four pictures in the folder, here is a preview image:

(snip the image because I’m on my dial-up connection!)

FINALY a steam engine with drive rods!

ondrew

Yea, and all it took was for someone (Thanks, Ben!) to design, mold and sell their own train wheels!

The technic axle is attached to this piece, it’s a bit hard to find. I’ve only got a couple in my personal collection, might be time to hit Bricklink before they become more popular. The piston is made from a 1x2 thin-wall panel and a 1x1 thin-wall corner, although I think you could use 1x1 technic bricks, too.

It looks pretty sweet when it’s running, I’m gonna have to throw together a passenger car (with a motor!) before next weekend. I’ve only been testing it with “finger power”, but it seems to run pretty smoothly. If I can find the power adaptor for my camcorder (I *think* it’s packed in the GMLTC trailer) I’ll shoot a few seconds of video next weekend so people can see the pushrods in action.

JohnG, GMLTC