 Trains / 22617
Re: 8-wide "Hogwart's Express" using Big Ben wheels
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:51:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Christopher Masi wrote:

I bought two sets of drive wheels from Ben. Four red ones for my
American 4-4-0, which I just finished (less one black macaroni... grrr),
and 6 black wheels for eventually making a 4-6-2.

I haven't even started planning my 4-6-2, but I have been thinking about
how I will do the drivers. Currently, I am thinking that I will loosely
connect the middle wheels to the drive rods using a techinic peg/axel
(part #3747), so the middle wheels connection can move in an out of the
drive rods (or in and out of the wheel). I am also hoping that I can
come up with a design that will allow the inside middle wheel (inside on
a curve) to move inward in a turn an spring back out on a straight
without changing the position of the outside wheel.

Chris

I think some sort of flexibility is also required in the drive rods themselves.
Teunis Davey uses flex rods and he says this works - so this might be worth a
try.

Geoff