 Technic / *17401 (-100)
  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) Unfortunately, however, (URL) it seems the connectors are obscure RJ-type connectors>, and are not easily obtainable - may even be custom made for TLC. And they make "piggy-backing" connectors much harder. I'll reserve my opinion for now... (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  WMD: Weapon of Moonbase Defense

As seen at NWBrickCon 2005: (4 URLs) The (URL) WMD> is a moonbase module that features cannons that really fire, controlled wirelessly using a Mana unit. It rotates, elevates, and shoots 4 Technic arrows. Special thanks to David Wegmuller for (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.space, FTX) !!

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) My gut feeling is no. Their is no need for Technic to have a six wire flex. I'm pretty sure it's more expensive from a manufacturing point of view and it's bulkier. Also why go to all the expense of having to redesign all the current 9V parts? (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

(...) This is an interesting and intriguing hypothesis, Adrian. For our (TCLTC) applications of the LEGO wiring system, RJ would be a welcome change. One could custom cut wire lengths, and it would be a whole lot cheaper (and probably more reliable, (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Are We Headed to a New Wiring System?

With all the talk recently about the NXT MindStorms, something hit me this morning. I'm guessing most of us here have seen this picture- (URL) note is the use of the RJ style wiring they use. Now, let's think about this for a moment. Waaaay back in (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) Wow! that is dedication. So, if someone has an MOC that has old and new parts plus non-Lego parts, a 3-D design software is the way to go if they don't know how to use LDraw? I wish I had the free time. All I have is 3-D AutoCAD- which can do (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Worm Gear Problem

(...) The new style worm gears have the advantage, that they can be put onto a 5.5- axle like shown in the following pics. (2 URLs) complete> (URL) after moderation> (2 URLs) disassembled> (URL) after moderation> No additional parts are needed to (...) (19 years ago, 4-Jan-06, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) I can see how that would be, but I didn't find any posts explaining the instructions from the time that you originally posted them, so I figured I may as well ask. Thanks for responding. (...) All I can say is, "WOW". I'm sure many of the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) Hi Travis, It is a big surprise that I see a reply on something I did over 2 years ago. Indeed it was before I knew of Ldraw and at that time I actually started to discover LEGO again and it's huge community of AFOLs. So yes, I made the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Alternate 8458 MOC: Sportscar with instructions

(...) I know you posted this 2 and a half years ago, but I'm curious, and figured I'd ask anyway. How did you create these instructions? Did you model the parts yourself in a CAD program, and then model the car using the parts? That seems like a (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

(...) Like Koyan, I have a half done version (most of the chassis and half the "turret"). MLCad is very easy to use, and is as simple as adding a part, then rotating/positioning it. Repeat ad infinitum. (...) This model, in my opinion, is on par (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

"Stephane Simard" <plague@videotron.ca> wrote in news:IsF6HC.10Lo@lugnet.com: (...) I've been working on and off on this one for a while now, but have no idea when I'll finish it, so don't let that stop you! Best way to learn is to jump off the deep (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Rendering 8868 AirtechClaw Rig in MLCad/LDraw

No one so far ever attempted to build this beast in Ldraw. (Or else I would have seen it on brickshelf sooner or later) If nobody is currently doing it, I might be interested. The thing is that I never, ever used any 3d drawing software in my life. (...) (19 years ago, 1-Jan-06, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Larry, The attacking soldier has a axle in its leg that is a attached to a motor in the tower that causes him to spin. The soldier being attacked is attached to the tower with an elastic. When it is hit it can move back but then is (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Greetings Geoffrey, I have posted pictures of the various mechanisms: (URL) following is a verbal discription of the mechanisms. Be warned that some cutting, glueing and taping is used: Marching Soldiers: Two marching soldiers are dragged (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

(...) Ok, THAT'S cool. How did you get the two towertop fighting figs to move sideways without falling off whatever they are attached to? (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Automated Castle

Some intriguing ideas there, I kept .technic in as I believe the operational mechanisms would have sufficent merit for discussion there. Would you care to share construction details with some of the designs - they look simple but I think there's (...) (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

  Automated Castle

Tired of lazy guards that just stand around all day? Bored of ghosts that offer no surprises? Want the portculis to open for you? Want to see one minifig whack another? Introducing the Automated Castle: (URL) with a video clip. Roy Nelson (19 years ago, 31-Dec-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic) !!

  Quickie review of #8421 Mobile Crane

Hey all, I thought it might be a new computer, but the big box under the tree turned out to be this Technic behemoth. What a nice surprise! I haven't built anything this complex since the Space Shuttle, and boy, it was a tough! I had never built a (...) (19 years ago, 30-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  BLACK BEAR

(URL) BLACK BEAR> Reproduction of (URL) The Cub> Done in black. Rotational click hinges - 20 inches tall Began construction Christmas Eve completed the day after Christmas 2005 I am currently designing a Mech Bay, which will be built for the robot. (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

(...) Another option is this part: (URL) matches the geometry of the modified plate with pin hole that you proposed using for the bottom rather well. There *is* a mate for this BTW: (URL) I find I use the modified 2x2 plate more often, as it's (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

(...) How about putting these on top: (URL) the motor studs in the holes? for 71427 or 43362 use two each side, leaving the 9V connector free. A 2838 motor could have 5 each side. Try these on the bottom: (URL) some plates on the motor to make the (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  How do I mount a motor in a studless construction?

I'm looking for some ways of mounting a motor in a good solid mostly studless construction that doesn't need lots of fiddling around with. I'm looking to mount both 43362/71427 and 2838 styles of motors, but I've no idea how to make it a fairly (...) (19 years ago, 27-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Hi Mark, I can do it, but obviously it will be a resume! My latest V10 F1 car is online: next one will be from 2006 season, with a V8 engine... (URL) I'm going to check the possibility to model some "old" historic F1 car... it depends on (...) (19 years ago, 26-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) It's basically spanish with a lot of letter 'i's (19 years ago, 25-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

In lugnet.technic, Sigurd van Strakenburg wrote: (SNIP) (...) Hi Sigurd, Would it help your mid-stop steering if you spaced the axle joints of the outer mid-stop valve switch levers further apart (reducing their angles relative to the centre (...) (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Luca you have some seriously good F1 cars there. Could you translate your explanation into English please :-) Merry Christmas. Mark (19 years ago, 24-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mini Dumper

(...) Thanks for your comments. I have also added another shot of the engine bay with the driver's seat tipped up. This typical on this type of machine for the daily engine and system checks. Functionality and playability are key objectives in my (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

(...) Hi Ross, basically the first link is for a comprehensive article (in Italian language) I wrote about my recent "return to LEGO", including many details of the design process of my Formula 1 cars. But the brickshelf galleries are self (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Progetto Formula 1 Technic

X-posted to .technic - I don't speak Italian, but the pics are enough for me ;) (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.it.itlug, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mini Dumper

(...) Hi Mervyn, I am glad you did - I like this. What prompted you, new kit? (...) It looks close enough that the cylinder size is too easily forgiven. You have kept the hoses fairly neat too. (...) I also note you went for the good old technic (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mini Dumper

I have just come out of lego technic hibernation (23 years) and have just finished my first MOC. It is a mini dumper, based on a Terex HD1000. It is in the scale of 1:11, in real life, just over 1m wide. Although the cylinders are a little out of (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Worm Gear Problem

(...) A very interesting trick, Danny. Here is my implementation of your no-backlash transmission: (URL) Of course there is a trade-off between backlash and friction, but your design allows easy trimming. Philo (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Technic prop

(...) I'm intending to build a plane of WWII vintage although I'm not saying which one yet as that would spoil the surprise. I'm going to build it to scale which is why I need the accurate figure. The rest of the plane is going to be built in the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic prop

(...) Hi Steve, First I tried measuring its radius but this is not an easy task as the center point and the tip of the blades are on different planes. It looked like slightly less than 60mm but I could not tell for sure. So I built the test rig (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic prop

(...) Did you actually measure it or is that a guestimate? cause I need an accurate figure. Thanks Steve (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Technic prop

(...) blade length to center of prop appears to be about 60mm/2.5" hope that helps (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Worm Gear Problem

(...) Hi Eric, I actually intended that the inherent backlash in the z16s was exploited to turn them in a little after the positioning. You could replace my z16s with two z24s and a z8, making one of the z24s a clutch gear so you could turn them (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Worm Gear Problem

Hey Danny, thats interesting. You may be on to something. I'm wondering, when a corrective tension is added (turning the opposing gear) the center of the axle will twist. Also, because the two drives are linked with z16's, when you turn one, the (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic)

  Technic prop

Can someone who has this part (URL) measure the radius described by the rotation of the blades and let me know what it is. Thanks Steve (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Millenia Car

(...) Yeah, it's a shame about the driver's steering. Unfortunately, and I'm sure this is a common problem, it's a simple case of insufficient room. The block holding the dashboard side of the engine actually forms part of the dashboard, which (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Millenia Car

Replies are in text.. (...) Don't worry about it - this is great stuff. (...) I also had that set. I didn't think the plane was so bad- great for part harvesting. I have already thrown the plane kit parts into my general pool of Lego, but I have (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Millenia Car

My ever first post here guys, so bear with me... This is my first SERIOUS attempt at a MOC... built primarily out of parts from last year's plane set (can't remember the set no. - it's the one with tilting wings and popout landing gear). (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Change of email address

(...) Merry C for you 2 too ;) (...) Try (URL) though it may not be approved immediately. ROSCO (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Change of email address

Merry Christmas to everyone out there who knows what the holes in the beams are for ;) And everyone else too of course. Can't figure out how to change lugnet's idea of my email address yet, but barnes at sensors will cease to be in a few weeks time. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Mr. Jeeves

A reproduction of Mr. Krinkle, built as a Sale Model, introducing: (URL) Mr. Jeeves> All gray quadra-ped - Built in 4 days For Sale - Asking 600 USD Measures 34 inches long 16 inches tall Biomechanical Brick Kit Built in honor of my adopted Cat. (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX)

  Re: New supercar.

"Billy Bauman" <gimmin_oskalay@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Irp8L4.5Is@lugnet.com... (...) Beautifully engineered and the work of a true artist. Great presentation for a fine model.Thanks for sharing your talent. Bob (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) Alright, I finished the rendering and file uploading. Took me longer than I thought it would. Here it is (URL) Tell me what you think. Billy. (19 years ago, 18-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

Thanks Ignacio and Philo for the nice comments! I hadn't seen "Rock Stupid Rover" - very interesting. The idea of "mechanical computing" is fascinating. Some kind of signal amplification using a power source seems essential if one is to make complex (...) (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

Here is my attempt (not as elegant as Philo's!) I used old half bushes in a slightly different way. Gear lash seems pretty low. The gear train for the rotating weight needs some work though... (URL) Alexander (19 years ago, 15-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I built one similar to yours last night (I put gears on both sides as an experiment). You're correct that it's the gear backlash that causes the wheels to not quite turn at the same time. Pushing the wheels down manually with your finger is a (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My first mini-quad

(...) Sure! (...) Yes, the right legs both do the same thing at the same time, as do the left legs. I'll have to work on a movie. (...) Thanks! (...) Kev (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hi Sigurd, Thanks for your response. (...) What I mean was to use one of the peer-to-peer filesharing networks to share the file, and save yourself the bandwidth of distributing it. Something like eDonkey, which you can simply put a link on a page (...) (19 years ago, 14-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

You are awesome. I had read about this in some lego paper about gearboxes, specifically shiftable ones. It said the problem was keeping the car in reverse for a while instead of jittering back and forth. Now I -really- want to get into the (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: My first mini-quad

Hi Kevin, (...) oke now it's my turn again i guess?...:p (...) you get a movie for me?? (...) nice!! (...) Sigurd (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hi Danny (...) thank you :) (...) Yes it is a auto walker (...) it takes aboud 9 seconds per cycle, and it takes 6 steps a cycle (...) it's useless :p (...) 16 to make it walk, and i pland 5 extra to make a midstop in the segments to help it whit (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  My first mini-quad

Hi, I was inspired by Sigurd's mini quad: (URL) So I decided to have a go myself. My mini-quad includes the switches and timing circuitry, unlike Sigurd's mini-quad. (4 URLs) This quad is basically two of these bipeds hooked together: (URL) Please (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

(...) Correction: The wheel the blades are mounted on would not be Lego either. Based on the feedback the last post got, I sould probably make on that just shreads food such as long straight pretzels. All I really care about is that it can shread (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

(...) Hi Sigurd, Very nice! Could you please email em a video? Kevin (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hi Sigurd, I am always intrigued by walkers, and this one has particularly intersting features. Is it completely auto walking, I mean if you feed it air, it walks? How long does it take per step, and how long per cycle? What is the gait it uses? (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mechanical obstacle avoider

Interesting little device, reminds me this one: (URL) in terms of mechanical IQ, yours is far ahead... (...) Probably indeed ;o) Philo (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

(...) I've sent you a e-mail whit a video, should explane a lot:), if anyone else whants to see it just mail at sigurd18@hotmail.com or let me no at lugnet.com/technic (...) thanks (...) on it is'nt, it dont work the way i plant, the leg swap (large (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mechanical obstacle avoider

Everyone makes a Mindstorms robot that drives forward until it hits an obstacle, then reverses and turns for a short distance before resuming its forward motion. Here is a robot that does the same by 100% mechanical methods. It has only one motor, (...) (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Anyone seen Leo Dorst?

He used to have a site with some great freehand drawings at (URL) but it's currently timing out for me. Does anyone know if the site has moved elsewhere, or how I can contact Leo? Thanks ROSCO (19 years ago, 13-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.people)

  Re: 3 segments hexapod

Hey that is amazing! I'm trying to imagine it moving and working. I need help! Very nice symetry you have with the central body and the pistons at angles. Wow. What a technical triumph. Excellent work. Video? e (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  3 segments hexapod

oke another hexapod, this one is made whit inspirations of Kevin L. Clague (e-mails) it uses the schema from his inchworm for leg lift and drop, and the leg swap is just slave of the lift and drop pistons. the front and the rear legs uses elbow (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I think the veer left comes from gear backlash. Front and rear wheels are not maintained strictly 22.5° apart and the way it works, this introduces left/right dissymetry. My first attempt used 3 z24 gears with less backlash but of couse I (...) (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Fantastic work. I hadn't even started my attempt. I like your using the battery box as the weight -- it's very simple and compact. I noticed from the video that it tends to veer left. Are the wheels losing traction when they're fully flat? (19 years ago, 12-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

Sorry, bad link. (URL) Video clip> (600k, DivX 5 AVI file). Philo (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) (snip) (...) I finally got it to work... (click for bigger images) (3 URLs) ...and a short <sw1.avi video clip> (600k, DivX 5 AVI file). Enjoy ! Philo (19 years ago, 9-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: does it really fly ???

That seriously rules. What has been used to skin the wings there though? I might have to pilfer this design, and to make it better, combine it with this: (URL) - A Supercap used as a 9v rechargeable battery. -- Danny Staple MBCS OrionRobots (URL) (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Mech Bay 09 - The Cub Den

(URL) Mysterious Mech Bay 09> Storage (URL) for the Cub (URL) it now>> (2 URLs) Bay 09>> 75 Bricks tall Features trans clear 48x48 base plate light box construction 12 inch Florescent tube Internal Cooling System - Via TECHNIC motor and rotor blades (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.space, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, FTX) !

  does it really fly ???

i've just found it on brickshelf does it really fly (URL) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

"Nathan Bell" <Radarbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ir5307.1FDr@lugnet.com... (...) If I can "Machine" toast, I am sure you could run a properly prepared bread stick through a Lego Chipper. Maybe pretzels? This sounds like a fun project. (...) (19 years ago, 8-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

(...) LOL!!! Don't worry about it. (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Ideas for Lego Chipper?

(...) Sorry if I got carried away with the gory details in that last message. (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Ideas for Lego Chipper?

As soon as my current projects are done, or maybe even sooner than that I wanted to design a Lego Chipper as a final project for a while. The problem is that Legos can't cut wood. I have thought about using store-bought razor blades for the cutting (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  NQJ or Brick-it-Forward - So close I can feel it !!

The 4483 AT AT was a nice set, but it was bound to happen. It was destiny. When Mike sent me an email trade offer, I could not believe my eyes. I had no idea it would happen so soon, so quick. The Force may be strong, but I could not say no to; An (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.market.jambalaya, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.general, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Slashdot had a link to an article about that vehicle, too, but it requires a specially-shaped surface to work. The one with the rotating weight works on a flat surface. (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) Right, Steve - keeping the wheels in sync may be the problem. You're onto something with the split in the chassis, though, and I thought of a three-wheeled version, where the front single wheel can pivot, like on a tricycle. I found this (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Vehicle with square wheels

(...) I think one way to steer it is to split the robot in half, and twist in the middle. However, that will make it hard to keep the front and back wheels in sync. Steve (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Vehicle with square wheels

I saw this linked on Slashdot: (URL) Allow me to cut through the inventor's verbosity and translate the concept: The square wheels are mechanically linked and turn in unison, but they're offset from each other. The weight at the top of the vehicle (...) (19 years ago, 6-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) Thanks alot. I'm glad you're interested in the scale. I'm not sure I'll do the body in LDRAW because I'm not very good at acquiring the angles required. I also don't have enough patience. I'm going to do the front and the steering though. (I (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) Actually... yes. But the way I see it is that if the car were on the ground, the weight of the car would be able to force the diff to balance out. I'm not an engineer or anything, this is pure speculation. (...) Thank you so much. That was (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) WOW! The re-routed differential assembly was an interesting idea. Question- If you spin the diff manually do both wheels turn or does only on side turn since it is heavier than the other? Your design proves that technic supercars don't have to (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New supercar.

(...) very nice! small and very compact with all working features. just amazing! and LDraw files too. guess i know what i will be building during the christmas break. will you be posting LDraw files for the rest of the body? bob Bob Kojima (...) (19 years ago, 5-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  New supercar.

Woohoo! I have finally finished my type5. phew. Here it is. (URL) Everything works too! I was kinda worried that the transmission wasn't going to function properly. Though it needs improving, I would still call it a success. Features: 49.6mm tires, (...) (19 years ago, 4-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How often

(...) It used to be about every 3 years, but it has been decreasing. I think a set is normally available for 2 years but at a lower level than it was in its first year. This has implications for us as buyers, since we really have just one year to (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: How often

(...) That is a hard question to answer. It seems from what is in the catalogs and from what was said at Brickfest that lately TLC has been offering kits for one year, and then releasing new kits for the next year- although most of the time the sets (...) (19 years ago, 2-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  How often

On average how often do Lego renew the biggest Technic set in the Technic range? Steve (19 years ago, 1-Dec-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Arched Through Truss Bridge - LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest

(...) Why not calculate the ratio (Carried weight) / (Structure weight) as the winning criterion? (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Arched Through Truss Bridge - LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest

(...) Cool. I very much like your bridge. And you're right, there should have been a weight limit in the contest, otherwise, the person with the most LEGO will always win. ;-) Jeff (19 years ago, 30-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Arched Through Truss Bridge - LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest

(...) Philo- Cool looking bridge. Neat contest. For our current SCLTC layout, we built twin 192-stud long truss bridges with the truss work under the decks. We tested the spans with a 13 pound bowling ball in the center and measured a deflection of (...) (19 years ago, 29-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Arched Through Truss Bridge - LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest

your bridge is very nice looking. i like the steep outer curve on it. and 76kg is quite a large load. TJs spread sheet makes very good bridges. bob (...) Bob Kojima ko@fial.com Fial Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave (...) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Arched Through Truss Bridge - LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest

(URL) Some photos of LegoWorld 2005 Bridge strength contest, and of the arched bridge that I built for it are (URL) here> Enjoy! Philo (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, FTX) !

  Re: New project: minifig scale walking dragline

(...) Bravo! A dragline is a great project & I can't wait to see this one progress. Are you modeling it on a specific real-world machine? Post more WIP pictures as you build, I really like to see how MOC's come together. Ben (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Pinhole Camara

Found via Gizmodo: (URL) (19 years ago, 28-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.mediawatch)

  Hydraulic Compressor/Cycler

The discussion on the Hydraulic/air-vacuum has been long and thought provoking. The first breakthrough came with the implimentation of a 4-switch valve system. Combining this with a regular Ram, We can construct a closed-circuit, compressor. My (...) (19 years ago, 27-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Mata Nui mast

(URL) (...) HeeHee, never thought of it til you mentioned it, but you're right it does kinda look like that. maybe "General Giddy-ous" (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX)

  Re: New Moc: Truck MAN 26.422 DFAK

(...) Hallo Nathan Thank you for your compliment. Its true, it was a hard way, to realised all these functions in my model. Need a lot of time. I think, i build the chassis five times. The correct way to say is "Mit Legos bist du viel besser als (...) (19 years ago, 26-Nov-05, to lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact