 Technic / 14989
Re: Mini Dumper
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:43:54 GMT

On 22/12/05, Mervyn Tomb <mtomb@tesco.net> wrote:
I have just come out of lego technic hibernation (23 years) and have just
finished my first MOC.

Hi Mervyn,
I am glad you did - I like this. What prompted you, new kit?

It is a mini dumper, based on a Terex HD1000. It is in the scale of 1:11, in
real life, just over 1m wide. Although the cylinders are a little out of
proportion, the tipping and lifting actions are very good.

It looks close enough that the cylinder size is too easily forgiven.
You have kept the hoses fairly neat too.

Four wheel drive with articulated steering and linked to a V4 engine.

I also note you went for the good old technic style of a steering
mechanism driven from the drivers wheel. I like the articulation,
although I am a little concerned about the two 4 long studless beams
at an angle there that you can see in the middle of the underside shot
- that could lead to grey shavings or warped peices.

Pneumatic control of lifting and tipping.
I like the fact that the controls are mounted around the operators seat too.

On board pump and air tank.
Both which are well placed. I have seen a few things where the pump is
in a place which makes it appear an ugly afterthought. In this
creation - They are well thought out and the placement of tank
enhances the style if anything.

Let me know what you think of it.
I also appretiate the way you have exploited the notched corner of the
wing peices so well - the actual tipper bucket is fairly well
constructed. The creation overall is an interesting mix of older
technic studded construction, and the newer studless style. You have
used both peice types to great effect here.

Nice one anyway, looking forward to seeing more creations from you.
Danny
--
Danny Staple MBCS
OrionRobots