 Technic / *14401 (-100)
  Re: Kiki, the ferret

(...) Hey, awesome! I really enjoyed seeing this on yesterday's comic: (URL) That's a real nice piece of work, David. It's fun to see cooperation between lego fans and sluggites (this is definitely not the first time it's happened). -Shiri (21 years ago, 22-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Getting into pneumatics

(...) Ah, okay. Thanks! (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Getting into pneumatics

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrnc3eufl.947.....bu.edu... (...) I do not know what austin was pointing to, but the old cylinders had a "2x2 brick" stuck on its end and can therefor be attached to normal bricks. The new (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Getting into pneumatics

(...) I've always kinda avoided pneumatics, but I'm curious -- how are the new ones more difficult? (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Getting into pneumatics

(...) You might get the backhoe, but the cylnders and valves are harder to use than the older kind. You can get all kinds of pneumatics at www.bricklink.com. Aus (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  8466 ANIMATED

I have finished creating the 8466 4X4. Drawn for animation. The doors work, steering works, Suspension works, Sorry did not get to transmision yet, but engine turns. Working on a cool animation. Here is just a preview. Note the steering wheel. (URL) (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  (canceled)

  (canceled)

  Re: Getting into pneumatics

(...) With out a doubt, the 8455 Technic Back-Hoe is the best way to get started. You get two large pumps, seven switches, and 10 large pistons, plus hoses and T's. (...) I've bought more than a hundred pistons and 100 switches, plus lots of T's and (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Getting into pneumatics

Just as I wanted to get into pneumatics the Pneumatic Pack (5218) sells out on the Lego shop and an email to them gets me the response that it has been discontinued. So what do you all think is the best way to get into pneumatics? I'm tempted to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(...) Nice! Although that one is from before the days when they figured out how to make them walk, while the real one is from before the days when they figured out how to build them slick-looking! 8D (21 years ago, 19-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Cranes at Brickfest PDX

(...) I only have around 120 pics, I'll upload them when I get home. With a couple of serious cranes, we really had the crowd ooohing and ahhhing - Bob even managed to do a quick mod to run a straight boom for Sunday. And that excavator was awesome! (...) (21 years ago, 18-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Re: Cranes at Brickfest PDX

i had a really great time at Brickfest PDX. i saw some very impressive mocs, but i got to say that the crane table was the best. those space and train guys don't know what they are missing. i have placed my pics here: (URL) i really have not had (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Cranes at Brickfest PDX

(...) That Excavator was built by an 11 year old, by the way. He's local to Portland, had never been to a fest. His dad contacted me after hearing about it and we talked through what there would be to do and so forth, I think he and his son had a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Cranes at Brickfest PDX

There was a table devoted entirely to cranes at (URL) PDX>! It was a great display, totaling 5 cranes with a combined boom length of over 25 feet :-) There was also a pneumatic powered excavator on display with the cranes. It was great! (3 URLs) (...) (21 years ago, 17-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam, FTX)

  Kiki, the ferret

(URL) Those of you who are familiar with Sluggy Freelance should recognize this character immediately. Those of you who aren't...well, Kiki is a hyperactive ferret (moreso than normal) that just begged to be immortalized in plastic. Seriously, she's (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: studded technic beam availability

Unfortunately, those have not been updated in a couple months. Not much good this far into the PaB game. :| What would be really cool is if Lego would have the information listed along with the individual store listings on their web site. I would (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: studded technic beam availability

(...) Peeron has 'em for Burlington and Solomon Pond, MA. Unfortuantely, though, Dan doesn't seem to stop by every day and update the list. :) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: studded technic beam availability

And remember that you do not have to be local to a Lego store to take advantage of PaB! Give them a call, they are happy to ship cups of bricks. Now all we need is a good/accurate online resource of what is available at the various stores. :) Greg (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  studded technic beam availability

FYI - The Lego Store at Palisades Mall off 87 in NY has a variety of technic beams available in their bins as of this moment. You can buy cups of loose pieces there (large for $12.95 and small for 6.95). They had holed red 14 and 8 stud beams, GREEN (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  2004 American International Toy Fair Pictures on FBTB

For those who aren't aware, FBTB is covering the Toy Fair in New York and pictures of new 2004 sets are starting to appear there. So far there are Duplo, Quatro, Dora, Creator, Designer (mecha!), and Technic pictures on there. I'm expecting Star (...) (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.year.2004, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.duplo, lugnet.quatro, lugnet.harrypotter) !

  Re: Counter-rotary Propeller

Hi Mark, (...) Couldn't you use (URL) to fix red propeller to (URL)? Philo (21 years ago, 15-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Counter-rotary Propeller

This is an Idea for a counter-rotary propeller. Russian planes use this system, and helicopters too. Note: I use a rubber belt for fixing the red propeller on the gear (6542.dat) (URL) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  12cyl. radial engine ... ready

The engine is ready for take off. The new construction give more stability and looks good. It's like a P&W?? No adjusting necessery like the old version. Each cylinder keep his position. The radial engine can be powered with a 2838 motor and turns (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re-release 8448 Super Street Sensation

FUT: lugnet.dear-lego It'd be nice to see a re-release of 8448. It's not very old, but it's already up in the $300 price range. That's a little high for something that sold at retail for only $130. (URL) buy a re-release of this set in a heartbeat. (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(...) Something like (URL) this> perhaps? ;) (URL) Allister (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(...) I know when I've made a bad joke when I actually have to explain it :p Sorry about the mistery. I saw that picture and inmediately imagined a combination of many Lego themes, including almost all Technic subthemes. Base and blade for barebones (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  IR dection Rover

I just uploaded a new rover named Roboto. I built it to work on a IR dection setup that did not have the problems normally associated with IR dection. And for a plus I think Roboto could be built with only RIS parts, however, I'm not sure (have not (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(...) I think he may have just been trying to get our minds off of differences in building elements by getting us to focus on something we probably all would think was cool, a nifty new robot. In case anyone wants to find out more about this new (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(...) teal/orange/black robot (says something about being 3.45 meters tall) on a page that's written in Spanish (and even though I took two years in high school, I'm not very good at learning new languages, and it's been a few years, so...). I (...) (21 years ago, 14-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Bringing the bionicle and technic folks back together ;-)

(URL) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) Way back I made an animation to illustrate this: (URL) see it in context and see more on a LEGO mechanism to turn like this: Go to (URL) select From menu: Going in circles. Eric Brok (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) Not really any help, but take a look at Rob Stehlik's work found here: (URL) Best regards, /Tobbe (URL) (remove SPAM when e-mailing) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Elevator

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> escreveu na mensagem news:slrnc2o15a.1u3.....bu.edu... (...) the (...) Exactly, that's why I only made it three floors high... :-) Actually, I work at an IT-company and used to be a programmer. It gets even more (...) (21 years ago, 13-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Work in progress - upcoming models in the near future

Sorry, forgot to get the link in the original message. (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Elevator

(...) Brickshelf seems to be refusing connections right now. But sounds interesting. Are you going to write intelligent elevator control software? One of the classic computer science problems! (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Work in progress - upcoming models in the near future

Ok, first of all, a happy new year to all of you, and I hope this year will bring along a lot of exciting models and also, for my self, I hope that shop@home maybe will go on action in Norway. I hope all you will having a great time, and I hope you (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.modelteam)

  Elevator

Hi to all! As an experiment in various subjects at the same time, I decided to announce my elevator here. Being an extremely practicle person, I always go for functionality, not for beauty, so I never published any MOC. I'm normally more interested (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

"Neb Okla" <n_okla@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HszJ7I.o2@lugnet.com... (...) circle (...) from what I've seen on the video: (URL) (click on the big image) the wheels do both. giving directional steering like a car, and footprint steering (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

The wheels apparently also don't steer like in real life. The photos I've seen of the Lego model turn like this: \ \ | | / / Left-turn, overhead view. In photos and video I've seen of the real rovers turning, they make a circle with their wheels and (...) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Lego does something right? surely not :-)

Read this everyone (URL) (21 years ago, 12-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) You obviously got it all wrong. I see how it's hard to understand it from the instructions, but the head is supposed to fly off and remain suspended only by the rubber band. ... :-) Sorry, I couldn't resist. :) Very nice work! - David (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) I can't believe you did this without having the physical model. I have the set, and from what I can recall, you've done very well in animating its true (theoretical) movements. The real thing is quite snappy, or not. Sometimes the thing would (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Thanks for the compliment. I am just using the clock in povray. Calculating the movements for each part. It is one ldraw file. I wish there was an easier way. Steve (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Great stuff! Are you using the (URL) Sim-POV mechanics simulation system> integrated in (URL) Megapov>? (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing the 8865 test car

Hello Keith "Keith Hui" <buurin@accessv.com.SPAMBEGONE> schreef in bericht news:HswK9v.KGy@lugnet.com... (...) made when (...) me for (...) Lego... so (...) unresponsive (...) Strange. That is easy! The gearing is different! Check which gears are (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Beautiful. What's even more impressive is you telling us you don't even have the set! I have a hard time figuring out the mechanism by looking at the thing, imagine doing it just by looking at the instructions. This is the best star wars (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing the 8865 test car

(...) Very clever way of attaching the motors to the back wheels. I remember a discussion thread last year (about motorizing the 8880) where it was discussed that the problem is not the strength of the Lego motors, but the actual resistance of the (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motorizing the 8865 test car

(...) <Snip> (...) This reminds me of my effort to add radio control to my 8466... (URL) deal. It works, but is heavy, slow to start, and has an almost unresponsive steering. It also happens that backing up is faster than going forward. Strange. As (...) (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) That is very cool, but look at the rest of his folder (URL) Gary (21 years ago, 11-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: 8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

(...) Wow, great! How did you do that? Did you make one LDraw model a frame or did you use the built-in animation features of POV? Or any method unknown to me? /Tore (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  8002 destroyer driod animated (partially)

Finished the first phase of this animation. Takes a while to get the timing right. I am going to have it roll toward the screen and transform.. Maybe next week. (URL) I dont have this set so I had to try to figure out how it worked from the (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.animation, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Proof

(...) /Tobbe (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Proof

it's still true :))) but remember this great moc (URL) Arnesson" <StPnAtM@lotek.nu> wrote in message news:Hstq1y.58G@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 10-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Motorizing the 8865 test car

After moderation: (URL) moderation: (URL) works, but it's very slow, and the cracking/clicking noise that it made when trying to make the car move on something else than hard floor will haunt me for the rest of my days. =P The motor still works fine (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  RE: A working snowblower...

Only someone that lives in a place where a snowthrower is used would have enough time to make one! I just had my driveway area done by a guy in a huge JD tractor and an 8 foot wide blower! It's cheaper than owning and maintaining your own. Very nice (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  A working snowblower...

As I promised earlier, here are pictures of the working snowblower. But I'm sorry that I dont have real pictures of the thing since I still don't have a digital camera. I should also liked to have a video of it when it was working out in the snow :) (...) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Proof

(...) (URL) the creator is a Cajun Vayland. Another proof; Toa, one of the Bionicle lines, is (in Swedish) short for Toilet :) (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) Amen. (21 years ago, 9-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

Yes, I think they do. "Jonathan Wilson" <jonwil@tpgi.com.au> wrote in message news:Hsp7Et.A02@lugnet.com... (...) lot (...) a (...) then (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) What about the 3 airplanes (Sopwith, Red Barron, Wright Flyer)? Do they count as Model Team? (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

Hmmmmmm, very interesting point Jonathan. Although I would say it is a lot closer than the Designer sets, I am still not sure it is there yet. If a bit more effort had been put into the windows, engines, and wings of it then it would certainly (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) Would you consider the 7470 NASA space shuttle Model Team? (...) Do you own the 8466 and do you consider it better or worse than the 8448? (I own both and I think the 8466 has better parts). I do aggree though that a new "supercar" (something (...) (21 years ago, 7-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

First and foremost I have to say that my personal preference is for studded parts. Studless parts definitely are useful in some cases, but for me they will never be as good, or produce a finished creation that is as good as one using brick based (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) A website out there has the 8386 Ferrari for pre-order. The box appears to contain 720 pcs, and will retail for 68 to 80 USD. It is COMPLETELY different from the Silver Champ and Williams racers! John (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) I'm wondering how you arrived at your conclusion Gregory? Do you own any of the 2003 Technic sets? The new small yellow sets introduced in 2004, ie. the 8451 dump truck, and 8453 front-end loader are great and affordable sets, with good (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

Worse is the fact they are basically the same exact set! Some small detail changes and different colors, but otherwise the same. What are the chances that the re-re-released set this year will be $40 cheaper than the 8461? :) It is more likely that (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

Another supercar would be great but not at $150.00+ Why is the silver champ 8458 $170.00 and Williams F1 8461 was only $129.99? The tries and wheels from the new 8436 look like the 62.4mmx20mm Bar code trucks. Any body know if they are the same or (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

In my opinion Keith, your observation is correct. The quality of the Technic sets is on the decline (along with a lot of other things from Lego). The best example of this is the re-re-release of the Silver Champion again this year. This combined (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

(...) I'm sure the 2004 sets will bring back some fond memories from the past. (8425, 5590, 8872, 8462 anyone?) Now some thoughts on 8436: I don't see any new parts on it except maybe the pneumatics from our beloved backhoe. But look at how the (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

Looks like .bionicle can stick around under .technic for a while :( Ah well, Technic is still alive - sort of :) I might get the red truck if it has enough good parts. True, my spending is more focused on Model Team like sets these days (and I know (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) Yeah, the wheels tend to grow on trees. But those particular wheels are expecially good when making Killough platforms (or cranes if you spell your name Jennifer Clark). My absolute favourite wheel is the type found in the 8479 BarCode truck, (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New Technic sets

the red truck has some new elements front stake or i don't know this element pixel "Gary Simas" <desmotwin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Hsn9Jn.Jxv@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  New Technic sets

Check out (URL) for some pictures of some of the new technic sets. Gary (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) Heh. I always seem to have the opposite problem -- I've got a whole drawer full of redundant wheels.... (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) Hey, I think that the Mars Rover is a good set. It comes with a lot of great parts and !!!SIX!!! wheels. Hoooraaaaay!! I am also dissipointed that the wheels do not fold up as the real one does:[ At least it has steeing! Happy Building Erik (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  New Mecha - The Rizmit

Deep in the heart of Biomechanical Bricks, a new Mecha has been created: (URL) The Rizmit> (URL) Construction Notes 37 inches tall (URL) All Technic Frame> Technic Turntables at the major joints Two Movie Maker Cameras in the eyes - Planned to be (...) (21 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.technic, lugnet.org.us.gardenslug, FTX) !!

  Autist and a Writer - BIONICLE means everything to 11 year old Jesper

I found this inspirational article some time ago, and am reprinting it here with permission. Enjoy. -Tim Autist and a writer BIONICLE means everything to 11 year old Jesper Jesper Lau Thomsen, a Danish 11 year old boy, is crazy about BIONICLE. He (...) (21 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.technic.bionicle, FTX) !

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) That'll be great! My cranes will hopefully be in the town display. (...) Alas, it doesn't exist any more - I couldn't afford to tie up all those technic beams. And it would have cost a pretty penny to transport from Australia too. ROSCO (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new technic sets

Oops, sorry....that was supposed to read wheels in ridiculous new grey. :) Darn fingers! "pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:HsGI9q.2M7@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new technic sets

Looks pretty sweet except for the Bionicle tow hook. (URL) will be a shame that a new source will be available for the excellent model team wheels/tires and the tires will be in the ridiculous new grey. :( "pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: A realy good set (7471)

(...) The Mars Rover is a cool set, but I also was disappointed that the front wheels don't fold up like in real life. Perhaps someone out there has already modified it? John (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  A realy good set (7471)

Is it just me that did not paying good enoug attention to this group or has this set not been mentioned att all or at least not much? I was getting this set yesterday, I started building at once and I did not look too closely on the pictures printed (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: new technic sets

"pixel" <pixsrv@poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message news:HsGI9q.2M7@lugnet.com... (...) I was visiting a newly opened LEGO-store today, and there I also got to see those pictures. But I thought the truck was more looking like the truck buildt from the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) i will make sure to wait for you to get there before i start setting it up. i can't wait to see what you are bringing. you got a lot of good stuff listed on the brickfest moc page. any chance you are bringing your Sydney Harbor bridge? (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BSCP "Bississippi"

(...) Thank you, Kevin! The pictures are of the same model. I'm not sure if implementation is a BIG WORD for what is really only a difference in the tracks & wheels/gears that drive it. The Ldraw rendering uses Technic tread links mounted on 40T (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: automatic transmission

phoenix@online.no (Øyvind Steinnes) wrote in <HsIMzr.19KB@lugnet.com>: (...) This page: (URL) contains two drawings of the DSG box. Mechanically, it should be possible to build it: make two three-speed boxes (driven by the engine at different (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: BSCP "Bississippi"

(...) Very cool Miguel! For clarification, the one on the bottom is the new one, or are there two new implementations there? Kevin (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) Woohoo!! Glad I decided to go to Portland!! Rest assured I'll get some pics ;) Hopefully I'll be around when you assemble it too - I can even help if you need it. (...) Nice work! Haven't seen a ringer here for quite a while. I agree with TJ, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  new Ferrari 1:10

(URL) from a message by Matteo Favalli: (URL) David (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: automatic transmission

(...) I have never heard of this before... but I suppose you could do it with and RCX and two motors. think about it... if you had 2 inputs(the motors) into the transmission and 1 output with the RCX controlling which motor is in use and at what (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  automatic transmission

I was out of ideas for what to do next, my "snow plow" or "snowblower" or whatever you like to call it, is finished and working, only need a truck or anything behind it to look cool. MLCad file will be avaiable soon... But today I was reading the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) thanks tobbe. i will be sure to get lots of good pictures before it falls. i have seen the pictures of the TJ incident. bob Bob Kojima ko@fial.com (URL) Incorporated Telecom Monitoring Solutions 4343 SW Corbett Ave Portland, OR 97239 (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) thanks TJ. you are the crane master so a complement from you means a lot to me! i had to place a lot of orders for 1x5 liftarms thin to complete all the cross bracing. the red ones are hard to come by and the bricklink stores only have 1 or (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motion considerations when RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

(...) gears and clutches for that. I've tried a crude version locking differential boxes together, and driving off the gears on the ends though. Okay, two ways to get a simple two-shaft concentric drive: The first is, as mentioned above, use a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

(...) I searched through previous posts and came across these: (URL) Versilic silicone tubing> (URL) Silicone fuel hose used for R/C airplanes> (URL) www.clippard.com> Also, McMaster-Carr is an excellent site for all sorts of things. Check out their (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: New crane MOC

(...) Hey now- crane disasters happen. You can't avoid it :-) (URL) Hopefully that won't scare Bob too badly :-) Let's just hope my streak of bad luck is over! -TJ (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic, FTX)

  Re: Pneumatic Hoses

(...) No, not yet. You're right, this question comes up again and again. The best substitute I've used was some tubing that John Barnes indroduced me to. You may want to email him and ask for the brand name (barnes@SPAMBARFsensors.com). I'll look at (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Metal hook tight holes?

Sounds like quality problems, to thick layer of coating or a worn out drill bit. Call LEGO (or e-mail them) and they'll send you a new one. If you're lucky they don't want the old hook in return :) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: Motion considerations when RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill

(...) Much snippage. Getting a powered axle through a turntable is a non-issue. Getting two through it is another thing, although not hard to do. I think the best implementation of such a device is in Jennifer Clark's fine JCB: (URL) under the (...) (21 years ago, 3-Feb-04, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact