 Technic / 12131
12130  |  12132
Subject:
studded technic beam availability
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 16 Feb 2004 04:03:47 GMT

FYI -

The Lego Store at Palisades Mall off 87 in NY has a variety of technic beams
available in their bins as of this moment.  You can buy cups of loose pieces
there (large for $12.95 and small for 6.95).

They had holed red 14 and 8 stud beams, GREEN 12 and 6 stud beams and 4 stud
beams in lt. gray and blue. Pack carefully and you can get quite a few in a
large cup (think large/super soft drink cup)

Given how difficult and expensive it is to get these (esp. the 14 stud beams)
this is a decent deal.  I expect arbitrage selling on eBay if anyone catches on
(probably already happening with other items from Lego stores and those with
access to Legoland in CA (I got a load of odd stuff while there on vacation a
couple years back).

Note:  selections of pieces varies by the day depending on supplies.  First time
I've seen old style technic beams.  They also have odd color bricks and other
pieces (even small trees this trip).  Besides the loose pieces by the cup they
have mixed pre-bagged misc. pieces - pricey compared to the loose pieces.  Good
Shopping.