 Castle / 19175
Re: Motion considerations when RCXing The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.technic
Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 09:18:29 GMT

I'm thinking that if you were clever you could have as much rotation as you
like, because you could house the motors in the base. Use a central shaft for
carrying the power to the blades and use a technic turntable

Much snippage.

Getting a powered axle through a turntable is a non-issue.

Getting two through it is another thing, although not hard to do.

I think the best implementation of such a device is in Jennifer Clark's fine
JCB:
http://www.genuinemodels.com/jcb.htm

Look under the Propulsion section, there's a good description of the problems
and how to minimize it's effect.

Who knew .castle could be interesting? :þ

--
Best regards,
/Tobbe