 Castle / 19172
Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sun, 1 Feb 2004 22:15:09 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
[snip]...I found a few post mills that did not have such a front
skirt, or at least it seemed that way to me...

For example this 1880 vintage German one does not:

http://www.molendatabase.com/duitsland/molendb.php?step=details&nummer=487&formpw=&theme=&taal=engels

Just for the record, Larry, I'm. not sure I agree with you. If you take a close
look to the picture (note the shadows) you would find that this mill has a
skirt, and that this particular instance is only exeptional for the fact that
the side walls also extend below the lower floor. Because they do so just as far
as the front wall reaches downwards, at first glance there seems to be no skirt
extension.

But I agree: when you're not able to make it look right in LEGO, you should not
do it. (would require some type of snot construction, don't you think, Larry?
:-)

Oh, and thank you for your generous compliment. I've also learned a lot from all
you custom set designers.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.