 Castle / 19145
19144  |  19146
Subject:
Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 05:20:31 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

I’ve finished my Windmill MOC. This MOC is designed after the classic medieval windmill style called a ‘Post Mill.’

Learn more HERE.

Here it is:

The whole gallery is HERE.

Here’s a shot of Miller Gustav and his Post Mill.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/postmill02.jpg

And here’s a shot of Miller Gustav rotating the Post Mill. The entire mill is moved on it’s base in order to stay facing the wind. The wheat field in which the windmill sits near has been cleared so that the anchor can be moved freely.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/postmill03.jpg

This shot shows off how the veins of the rotor are angled to catch the wind. It also shows off that the entire rotor is angled downward, thus making the veins look like they’re not uniformly angled.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/postmill04.jpg

Here is a shot of the inside of the mill. Miller Gustav has already handed over the mill to his son, Lenny, but he can’t help but meddle.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/postmill05.jpg

And finally another shot of the interior showing much more detail. Here you can see the gears that turn the mill stone, and the shoot where the grain drops into awaiting bags.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/postmill06.jpg

There ya go!

--Anthony