 Castle / 19174
Re: The Improved and New Old Miller Gustav's Post Mill
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2004 19:45:58 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I tried adding a ledge to the back wall as real Mills had, but it didnt look
right, so I scrapped it.

It turns out we both misunderstood Anthony here, he wasn't talking about the
skirt at the front (he succesfully added a skirt to his model, see:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/savatheaggie/windmill/improvedpostmill01.jpg )

I believe that with "ledge" Anthony he was refering to a kind af balcony or
gangway at the backside of the mill body, similar as can be seen on this
real-life picture:  http://www.molendatabase.nl/nederland/molen_e.php?nummer=186

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.