 Technic / 12088
Re: New Technic sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic
Date:
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 02:44:12 GMT

As for the revival of Model Team, I must completely and totally disagree
with you.  The designer sets so far are FANTASTIC, but they are pale in
comparison to the Model Team sets.  The only sets to be made that compare to
Model Team is the UCS line.  This is my opinion and I know a lot of people
think differently on this subject..  I would just suggest that anyone take a
look at the 4404 and then at the 5571 and reconsider calling the Designer
sets the return of Model Team. • Would you consider the 7470 NASA space shuttle Model Team?
As for the F1 car....I had only seen one picture of it and a small picture
at that.  Until you posted it, I had no other details to go on.  However, it
would not be a big suprise if Lego had simply release yet another version of
the Silver Champion.  None of the F1 style cars has a thing on the
supercars, studless or otherwise.  I too own both the 8448 and the 8880 but
I like the 8880 a whole lot more.  Heck, I like the 8865 better than the
8448.  :)
Do you own the 8466 and do you consider it better or worse than the 8448?
(I own both and I think the 8466 has better parts).

I do aggree though that a new "supercar" (something thats as least as good
as the 8466) is needed.