 Star Wars / 16971
  All 6 movies on DVD

Does anyone know if LucasFilm will be releasing all 6 movies on DVD in a collector's pack or something similar to what is currenlty avaliable for the Triology that is out right now? I don't want to buy the current DVD Triology if their is going to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Well, chances are if that's what you're hoping for, then Lucas will go out of his way to make sure it doesn't happen. Here's a recent quote(1) by my old friend George that highlights this point: Q: Do you pay much attention to fan reactions to (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) IMO the chances of the prequels being released as another three-pack is much better than having all six of the movies together. AC (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

---snip--- (...) I did read or hear this interview. He went on to say that the movies are his story and that he did not feel the the original 3 movies were complete so he went back and added what he felt they should of looked like. Can't argue with (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Just remember that any future rerelease is probably going to have different bonus features. The THX VHS 3-pack came with an exclusive interview between George and Leonard Maltin, and that was not included in the SE VHS 3-pack or the recent DVD (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Dude, it's a 4-disc set that you can find for just over $40. This is one of those rare cases where extra packaging actually saves you money. If they'd taken them out of the box and sold them individually, you'd probably be looking at $15-20 (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) First, I am not a raving Star Wars fan but I did purchase the DVD trilogy and two things really irked me. 1) The obligatory "Han shoots first!!". OK, I feel better already. 2) The scene with Jabba/Han in "A New Hope" sucks. Plain and simple. (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Agreed, I don't know of a single Star Wars Fan that likes this change. Actually instead of "Han shoots first!!" it should say "Han doesn't give Greedo a chance to think about pulling the trigger". Han is a smuggler afterall not some rightous (...) (20 years ago, 12-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Can someone please refresh my memory as it has been a long, long time since I've watched the 1977 version of Star Wars. Its this correct. 1977 Version: Han Solo shoots Greedo without giving Greedo a chance to shoot. 1990s SE Version: Greedo (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Yeah thats pretty much it, I also have not watched the 1977 version in a while as I no longer have a quality copy of the origional. I suppose Greedo may have shot back at Han but Han at the very least shoots first. I must have watched that VHS (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Please allow me to be the 0.1% that makes you 100% sure--Greedo did not shoot at all in the original screen release. And here's why: Because it made Han Solo a self-interested rogue who wasn't afraid to shoot first if it was expedient to do (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Aside from the phrasing, yes, that's essentially it. Technically, Greedo had plenty of opportunity to shoot Han in the original version, but his greed exceeded his competence, and he forgot to keep his eyes on what Han's hands were doing. In (...) (20 years ago, 13-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars, FTX)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Hey, to give him credit, that's not entirely true. He did also comment on how if he'd known ahead of time how popular Boba Fett would become, he would have given him a much less loser-y way to die, and it was that very popularity that led to (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) I'm guessing you refer to Ford, but Warwick Davis is one of the foremost little person actors, and Mark Hamill has made quite a name for himself as a voice talent (very few people even realize that he voices the Joker for Batman: The Animated (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) I'd read what others have posted and thought "Naw, there won't be a six pack." But someone posted a message about the laser disk edition and that got me thinking about technology. I think most of us here know DVD is not high definition but (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Good point. To my knowledge, every US release of the original trilogy on home-viewable media has represented a major leap in technology, of some sort or another. The first full-length release was on Betamax (I've heard of an actual (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Let me state for the record..... He can do whatever he wants with the movies. He can edit it so that Princess Leah is really R2-D2's sister... I really don't care. What I am referring to is not what he does with the movies, but rather how he (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Now, my big question here is whether he was arguing against colorizing _any_ B&W films, or just the ones where the director wasn't doing it of his own volition? I can't remember who it was, but one director had his own B&W film colorized. If (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) I rather doubt that his portrayal of 'Wicket' got him his prominance. 'Willow' really did it for him, I'd say, which, admittedly, was a Lucas production. Still, I don't think he's nearly on the same calibur as Harrison Ford, nor do I think any (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) And George has cited his work as Wicket as being the reason behind producing Willow. In other words, it didn't just get him a role, but a whole movie. (...) Oh, no, I never said that. I just find it odd that so many people casually state that (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Yes Ford is whom I refer to, I give Warwick Davis credit for Willow but other than that he has done typical "little Person" roles. I am also well aware of Mark Hamill's voice credits in video games and cartoons. I realize that others in the SW (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) Eh? Those old discs are still useful for something? I should be taking better care of them... (...) Blast! Oh, well, I'd need to upgrade my laser disc player to something more modern (my ancient player doesn't even read the digital (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) I understand Lucas' position, though I'm not sure I entirely agree with it. Yes, it is his story to tell, yes, he can change it, but what's wrong with giving us the choice of seeing the original theatrical version (I mean, without retaining my (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) I'd assert that you should take good care of them regardless. They're highly collectible, given how few of them ever were released into the market, and laserdiscs are much less resistant to abuse than DVDs. I took a film class in college, and (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: All 6 movies on DVD

(...) First of all, they did restore at least one key bit that the whole DaR theory revolves around, which is the dream involving the origami unicorn, followed by the identical origami unicorn that he receives at the end of the movie. Second, my (...) (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.starwars)