 Star Wars / 16982
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:22:43 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
Well I think I'll save my pennies and opt OUT of this trilogy set for now..

Dude, it's a 4-disc set that you can find for just over $40.  This is one of
those rare cases where extra packaging actually saves you money.  If they'd
taken them out of the box and sold them individually, you'd probably be looking
at $15-20 per disc.

Now point anyways as I don't have a widescreen 72" TV and 5.1 dobly surround
sound to FULLY enjoy the DVDS. =)

There's enjoying the DVD quality, and there's enjoying the DVD content.  I've
got a fairly modest TV setup, and I couldn't wait to pick up my set.  The
"Empire of Dreams" documentary is practically a movie unto itself (and at an
expanded 150 minutes, it's actually longer than any of the movies so far).  All
three films have the expected commentary tracks (Carrie Fisher offers up the
best portions, but it was really interesting to hear Irvin Kirshner's input for
the first time).  Of course, the one thing that stands out above everything as a
reason to buy this set is Boba Fett's brief appearance in the hidden
bloopers/outtakes track.