 Star Wars / 16981
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 05:20:08 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
Does anyone know if LucasFilm will be releasing all 6 movies on DVD in a
collector's pack or something similar to what is currenlty avaliable for the
Triology that is out right now?

I don't want to buy the current DVD Triology if their is going to be a 6 pak
down the road.

Just remember that any future rerelease is probably going to have different
bonus features.  The THX VHS 3-pack came with an exclusive interview between
George and Leonard Maltin, and that was not included in the SE VHS 3-pack or the
recent DVD 4-pack (I never had the money to shell out for the laserdiscs when
such things were still sold, so I don't know what was on those besides probably
the only widescreen release of the original Original Trilogy).  If the entire 6
movie series is released in a single package, I very much expect it will include
new bonus features that have never been seen before, and it will probably not be
released for a good 5-10 years after Ep3 hits the shelves.  Now, I wouldn't put
it past Fox to bundle the three prequel DVDs into a single product of some sort
(possibly a true boxed set, but maybe just a clamshell pack), since they
released a twin-pack of the first two in conjunction with the Ep2 DVD release
(can't remember if it was Widescreen or the deceptively titled "Fullscreen").  I
did briefly entertain the idea that when the Ep3 DVD is released, they might
bundle the three prequel DVDs with the OT boxed set, but the cheapest non-sale
retail price to buy them individually will probably be about $90 when the last
part is released, and the sort of people who would casually go out and drop $90+
on a 10-disc set of Star Wars DVDs are generally going to be those of us who
have already watched every feature on the eight discs that we already own.