 Star Wars / 16976
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 14:06:53 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
---snip---
Well, chances are if that's what you're hoping for, then Lucas will go out of
his way to make sure it doesn't happen.  Here's a recent quote(1) by my old
friend George that highlights this point:

Q: Do you pay much attention to fan reactions to your choices?

LUCAS: Not really.

I did read or hear this interview.  He went on to say that the movies are his
story and that he did not feel the the original 3 movies were complete so he
went back and added what he felt they should of looked like.

Can't argue with him there, they are afterall his creation and the finaly product should be what he envisioned.   Very few directors can actually do this due to Hollywood blasting away that deadline must be met, etc...

2007 is the 30th anniversary of Episode IV coming out, so there's not likely to
be another major release on DVD until then (with the obvious exception of
Episode III).

Yeap, I agree here.  With E-III coming out in 2005, I would image that the DVD
for E-III would come out x-mass of 2005.  Would 2 years be enough for Lucas to
release the big 6 pack set?  It would be nice..

Well I think I'll save my pennies and opt OUT of this trilogy set for now.. =)
Now point anyways as I don't have a widescreen 72" TV and 5.1 dobly surround
sound to FULLY enjoy the DVDS. =)

-Ahui

First, I am not a raving Star Wars fan but I did purchase the DVD trilogy and
two things really irked me.

1)  The obligatory "Han shoots first!!".  OK, I feel better already.
2)  The scene with Jabba/Han in "A New Hope" sucks.  Plain and simple.  Sucks.

The rest of the add-ins were tolerable and understandable or you could at least
see what Lucas was attempting to do.  Still, it made me think of this cartoon.

******Caution contains language not suitable for all viwers******
http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2004-09-22&res=l
******Caution contains language not suitable for all viwers******

Mike