 Star Wars / 16979
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 17:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Eric Kingsley wrote:
   In lugnet.starwars, Mike Kollross wrote:

First, I am not a raving Star Wars fan but I did purchase the DVD trilogy and two things really irked me.

1) The obligatory “Han shoots first!!”. OK, I feel better already.

Agreed, I don’t know of a single Star Wars Fan that likes this change. Actually instead of “Han shoots first!!” it should say “Han doesn’t give Greedo a chance to think about pulling the trigger”. Han is a smuggler afterall not some rightous do-gooder trading “spice” aka drugs (or whatever it was he smuggled).

Can someone please refresh my memory as it has been a long, long time since I’ve watched the 1977 version of Star Wars.

Its this correct.

1977 Version: Han Solo shoots Greedo without giving Greedo a chance to shoot.

1990s SE Version: Greedo shoots first but misses and then Solo shoots and kills Greedo?

Is this correct? I’m a bit confused over the grumbling?

Yeah thats pretty much it, I also have not watched the 1977 version in a while as I no longer have a quality copy of the origional. I suppose Greedo may have shot back at Han but Han at the very least shoots first. I must have watched that VHS about 200 times (hence why it is no longer in a condition worth watching) and I am 99.9% sure Greedo never has time to shoot.

Besides, even if it was appropriate to the plot to have Greedo shoot first he is sitting with his blaster about a foot from Han’s chest so if he did shoot first (and miss buy at least another foot) he is about the worst shot in the history of film, and that is saying something!

Eric

Ahui --SNIP--