 Star Wars / 16972
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 2004 02:54:50 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
Does anyone know if LucasFilm will be releasing all 6 movies on DVD in a
collector's pack or something similar to what is currenlty avaliable for the
Triology that is out right now?

I don't want to buy the current DVD Triology if their is going to be a 6 pak
down the road.

Well, chances are if that's what you're hoping for, then Lucas will go out of
his way to make sure it doesn't happen.  Here's a recent quote(1) by my old
friend George that highlights this point:

Q: Do you pay much attention to fan reactions to your choices?

LUCAS: Not really.

2007 is the 30th anniversary of Episode IV coming out, so there's not likely to
be another major release on DVD until then (with the obvious exception of
Episode III).

Will George ever do a full 1 --> 6 box set?  Only if his ego tells him to.  It
won't ever be because the fans want it.  Amazingly enough, I really don't think
all the reissues, rereleases, retinkering, etc. is about money. I honestly
believe George is the modern-day Howard Hughes.  I think we will only ever get
what George knows he wants us to see. Nothing more, nothing less.

Allan B.

(1) From CNN -->
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Movies/09/20/film.qa.george.lucas.ap/index.html