 Star Wars / 16984
Re: All 6 movies on DVD
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 19:29:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Ahui Herrera wrote:
   Can someone please refresh my memory as it has been a long, long time since I’ve watched the 1977 version of Star Wars.

Its this correct.

1977 Version: Han Solo shoots Greedo without giving Greedo a chance to shoot.

1990s SE Version: Greedo shoots first but misses and then Solo shoots and kills Greedo?

Is this correct? I’m a bit confused over the grumbling?

Aside from the phrasing, yes, that’s essentially it. Technically, Greedo had plenty of opportunity to shoot Han in the original version, but his greed exceeded his competence, and he forgot to keep his eyes on what Han’s hands were doing. In the SE version, Greedo’s gun shoots off at an odd angle because that barrel was very clearly aimed straight at Han’s upper chest/head, and the only way he could have missed that shot that badly is if something was out of position in the tip of his gun barrel.