 Star Wars / 10762
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 20:15:02 GMT

Here are my guesses.  Seriously!  I'm pretty good at this.  I was able to
deduct way before anyone even saw pictures that the MF would use those big
saucer sections and that the AT-ST would use shifty-slidy legs.  I'm good at
predicting these disappointments.  So here are my guesses.

Han Solo (hoth gear) and Luke or Chewy with 2 TaunTauns and a Probot with
some white BURPS.
Reason: Popularity and the introduction of the Arctic sets make it feasible.

ok, ok, here is another one.

Obi Wan and Qui-Gon with 2 Droidekas, just like in the beginning of the
film.  Reason: Hey, they only used the Obi Wan fig in one larger set, THATS
ALL!  We need to get him cheaply and Droidekas are featured throughout the film.

another!

Think of a scene in Ep 1 that had the queen in that dress you see on the
Lego Ep1 logo.  There was maybe 1 or 2 quick scenes while in that dress.
You may see a set of that scene with her in that dress.  Think, "playset!"
Reason: Every character on all the logos have made it to production so far.

and another!

We want ST's, you want ST's, we all want ST's.  So lets get, a 3 pack with
one dewback.  I know we want more than 3, but I doubt they would do it as
it's just a repeat figure, over and over and over and over.  Shouldn't be
too hard to make.
Reason:  Lego won't waste the mold on one set.

heres yet another!

Tie Bomber
Reason:  It is different enough from Vaders TIE and the TIE Fighter to
warrant a new model and it will give them a use for the black ST helmet.
There are alson not enough enemy ships to go against all the rebel ships
produced (Xwing, Awing, Ywing, Bwing).

Now the larger sets:

I've been saying all along,

Jawa Sandcrawler, Jabba's Sailbarge, AT-AT, Nubian Cruiser.  But of all of
these, I think we could see the Sailbarge simply because it is do-able
without too much effort.  Sandcrawler needs to be tall and 4 treads = cost.
AT-AT needs to have hinged and fully posible legs and Lego hasn't been able
to do that right yet.  Nubian Cruiser is all silver.  Won't happen.
Sailbarge.  Imagine it the size of the CC or the RBR/BSB and it could be
done!  120 bucks, but it could be feasibly done.  Oh, and according to FBTB,
Jabba is the number 3 most wanted fig.

USC

If any, since they are expensive, they will stick to the most popular items
possible, so you could see, Ywing, Awing, TIE-something.  Maybe even a
Landspeeder or Speederbike.  I'm truely hoping for a Naboo Fighter(Banana Boat).

So those are my predictions, and I'm sticking to 'em!  Later all.

Jason F.