 Star Wars / 10796
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 22:07:37 GMT

snip

  Anyways, I could see a UCS-ish Droid Fighter, given the very
  good observation Matt made.  However, I couldn't see it as an
  actual UCS set--its level of "springability" would more likely
  place it in the range of the 8000s--you know, the Technic droids.
  The tan, brown, and dark grey pieces needed have already been
  moulded for 8001/8002, and there's someone hanging around TLC
  with some Technic design flair (despite the nits folks have
  had with popping droideka heads, enzovoort).  So I'd not be
  the least bit surprised to see 8003 or 8004 as a Droid Fighter
  in Technic, fully transformable and loaded with rubber bands.

snip

With that said, how about Darth Vader or Boba Fett in the 8000's.

A Vader with a big cloth cape and long light saber would be pretty cool to say
the least and Boba Fett with his gun, wookie braid and maybe even a missle
firing backpack.

A STAP would be cool for the Battle Droid.

Given the Stormtrooper and C3P-O, I think these would be likely sets for 2002,
or beyond.

Jamie