 Star Wars / 10747
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 02:40:19 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, David Eaton writes:
In lugnet.starwars, Eivind Lokken writes:
TLC has made almost every small craft that can be made from the movies. What
is left for them to do? They don't seem too keen on making scenery playsets,
from what we have seen so far. It's a little early for speculations, but it
just crossed my mind. I've seen a picture of a jawa sandcrawler, so that's
possible. They're not going to be making star destroyers, cruisers or
freighters!!! Maybe Jaba's sailbarge...?
Just look at what they made last: droid escape and the battledroid carrier.
Those are some really peripheral ships in the movies. I'm thinking that they
are running out of ideas...

Yeah, I can think of at least one long thread on the issue already:
http://news.lugnet.com/starwars/?n=10156

The one really obvious vehicle TLC hasn't done is the Nubian from Ep 1.  The
attractions are clear:  a chrome exterior, definitely Amidala, Ric Olie, and
R2-D2; possibly Obi-Wan, Panaka, and R4-D5 (gotta get more use out of that
mold. . .).  This would be an entirely doable set as a scaled-down version
(like the Falcon).  However, Watto's Junkyard is the big Ep 1 set for 2001, and
by 2002 Ep 1 will be old news and I expect most of the sets, and certainly all
of the "non-classic" sets, will be Ep 2.

In other areas. . .I really have trouble believing that TLC would use the Kaadu
mold for only one set.  Since they seem to have tapped out ideas for Ep 1, I
expect that a Tauntaun set should be in the future somewhere.

TWS Garrison