 Star Wars / 10752
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 10:48:03 GMT

"Eivind Lokken" <Eivind.Andre.Lokken@fokus.no> wrote in message
news:G7xxo3.5nw@lugnet.com...
TLC has made almost every small craft that can be made from the movies. • What
is left for them to do? They don't seem too keen on making scenery • playsets,
from what we have seen so far. It's a little early for speculations, but • it
just crossed my mind. I've seen a picture of a jawa sandcrawler, so that's
possible. They're not going to be making star destroyers, cruisers or
freighters!!! Maybe Jaba's sailbarge...?
Just look at what they made last: droid escape and the battledroid • carrier.
Those are some really peripheral ships in the movies. I'm thinking that • they
are running out of ideas...

Some small ships are still left - TIE Interceptor (my MOC uses the TIE
Fighter and also a variant using the TIE Advanced wing pylons, see
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=2742 ), TIE Bomber, Nubian
(EP1) - and I'm guessing that we may see some more UCS sets (has everyone
seen the UCS Speederbike on http://www.the-nth-dimension.co.uk made out of 3
MTT sets?), maybe even some way-out-of-scale capital ships like the Tantive
IV and Star Destroyers. Jaba's sail barge would be cool with a Leia in slave
girl outfit ... then again, maybe not!

BTW: Cool Falcon! Now I just wish I had spare bricks - I only have the SW
sets.

Dan