 Star Wars / 10790
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:30:35 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Mr L F Braun wrote:

  Regarding the maligned 7111, I have about 20 of those things.

See the inventory at <http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7111>, btw.

There are about 5 pieces in this set that could be considered less than
wonderful.  OK, 9 pieces, if you don't care for the four 1x4 dark gray
tiles printed with circuitry.  So this set has about 55 brown,tan, and dark
gray plates, tiles, slopes, click-hinges and bricks.  At the proper price,
what's to complain about?

At $6.75, they're sadly overpriced.  At $5.00 (that's slightly less than
$.10 per piece), they're a reasonable price.  At discounts, they're
awesome. :)

  The only parts that make my jaw clench are the
  Brown Unuseful Sloping Bits, which are only really unuseful
  until one realises that they match up with the 6x8 ex-low-slope
  roof bricks.  Then they're *much* more interesting.  (However
  80 of them is still overkill--can't quite get around *that* yet.)

Plus, I haven't seen a 6x8 low slope in brown yet. :(

  Oh, and the 4x4 multi-slope with the Droid Fighter Head print--
  that's kind of annoying, too, but you *can* make them into
  fairing pieces (like X-wing noses, another thing I'm inundated
  with).

They're also good for building flatworms -- just pop them onto a 2x12
plate, or maybe a tapered wing
<http://guide.lugnet.com/partsref/search.cgi?q=2413>. :)  But how many
planaria do you really need?

The printing is also good for showing small slots/slits, like for hidden
weapons.

  But US$3 is as much as I'd ever spend for the set.  I got most
  of mine at $1.50 or less, at which they're a stunningly good
  deal.  At a half dollar each I'd take all I can get.  (And I did.)

Geez, me too (but I didn't get the chance).

Steve