 Star Wars / 10750
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 04:18:25 GMT

The one really obvious vehicle TLC hasn't done is the Nubian from Ep 1.  The
attractions are clear:  a chrome exterior, definitely Amidala, Ric Olie, and
R2-D2; possibly Obi-Wan, Panaka, and R4-D5 (gotta get more use out of that
mold. . .).  This would be an entirely doable set as a scaled-down version
(like the Falcon).  However, Watto's Junkyard is the big Ep 1 set for 2001,
and by 2002 Ep 1 will be old news and I expect most of the sets, and >certainly all
of the "non-classic" sets, will be Ep 2.

I agree with you on the second point, but I don't think we've seen the last
of 2001 Star Wars sets.  The Millenium Falcon wasn't announced at the
beginning of the year last year, was it(I could be mistaken on this)?  I
wouldn't be at all surprised if another big Star Wars set was released this
year.

In other areas. . .I really have trouble believing that TLC would use the Kaadu
mold for only one set.  Since they seem to have tapped out ideas for Ep 1, I
expect that a Tauntaun set should be in the future somewhere.

I was thinking the same thing for a second, but though those pieces make a
satisfactory (albeit entirely stationary) Kaadu, a tauntaun in that mold
would have to have had a swift kick in the bum ^_^

Brian Stuhan