 Star Wars / 10754
Re: what's left for LEGO to make?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2001 15:07:24 GMT

In article <G7yFF7.5D@lugnet.com>,
TWS Garrison <tgarriso@math.purdue.edu> wrote:
The one really obvious vehicle TLC hasn't done is the Nubian from Ep 1.  The
attractions are clear:  a chrome exterior, definitely Amidala, Ric Olie, and

I don't consider the chome exterior to be part of the list of "attractions".
While I'd love a pile of chrome bricks, the hull of the Nubian ship is
smooth and sleek, and I don't think they'd do it that way. We'd wind up
with a chrome SPUD hull.

R2-D2; possibly Obi-Wan, Panaka, and R4-D5 (gotta get more use out of that
mold. . .).  This would be an entirely doable set as a scaled-down version
(like the Falcon).  However, Watto's Junkyard is the big Ep 1 set for 2001, and
by 2002 Ep 1 will be old news and I expect most of the sets, and certainly all
of the "non-classic" sets, will be Ep 2.

Perhaps the Royal Palace would be better; it'd be a large set, would have
those characters plus perhaps Darth Maul and the two Jedi to battle over
a pit, maybe even some minifig scale destroyer droids. You only really
need a few rooms-- one near the top for the final showdown with Amidala,
a hallway through the middle with columns to hide behind (and a winch hanging
out from the above level...), and one down below with some area for a small
hangar and a pit to duel over. Probably similar in constuction to the Bat
Lord's Tower set, just to annoy those of us who want real bricks in our
sets... :)

-JDF
--
J.D. Forinash                                     ,-.
foxtrot@cc.gatech.edu                            ( <