 Space / 644
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 01:04:05 GMT

Aaron West wrote in message ...
<snip>
It seems that only long-time
collectors really experience the true depth of the LEGO universe.

<snip>

I had to respond (at least briefly) to that very powerful statement.
It is true at face value.  I don't think it could (or should) be otherwise.
But it is not always a good thing for the long-time collector, for it
is only they who can truly know the sorrow of the "decline" of the
LEGO universe.

A new LEGOphile "could" be quite happy with town-jr if s/he did
not have any experience with older (imho "better") sets.

Just another example of "have to understand the past to appreciate
the present".

I think this raises the issue of should LEGO re-release past lines.
(In this case, in the interest of adding "value" or "grounding" to the
present product line.)  This topic had been addressed previously,
so to add something new...

What about releasing "new" sets that fit into previous lines. ( New
sets using older design themes and pieces.)

This should not upset "collectors", and would make very many of
us, extremely happy.

any thoughts,
:?) bishop