 Space / 613
Re: Enough trans-antifreeze!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 28 Nov 1999 11:13:12 GMT

In lugnet.general, Dan Bobrovsky writes:

I would have to agree that the Insectoids are truly (in my humble opinion) NOT
A REAL SPACE THEME!!!

UFO although totally differently sculpted (I'm still a classical type of guy)
and not too much to mt liking....is still a true Space theme!!  (I didn't much
like Robo Force either but they are Space to me)   just not insectoids   and
obviously not the Rock Raiders...  and I do not consider Space Port to be
space but a subset of Town...  mostly because it is current day and Earth
Based... (though cool!!)

as Forrest Gump would Say...
"That's all I have to say about that."

LEGO ships the insectoid sets in boxes marked "Space."  They're in
the right set number range to be a part of the Space line.  They consist
of little guys with helmets riding around in spaceships and ground
vehicles, just like all the other space sets.  How could they not
be "a real space theme?"

I'm particularly boggled by the fact that you consider UFO "real space"
but not Insectoid.  What's the difference?  I'm boggled.  This confuses
me much more than the "ninja not = castle" claim, and I disagree with
that claim, too.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"