 Space / 20443
20442  |  20444
Subject:
Hypothetical Space Warfare
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:27:25 GMT

After reading some of the really cool discussions and points of view raised in
responce to this post, I have been lead to an new conclusion:

Meaningful discussion about the nature of space warfare is immeadiately bound
by the technology used.

This article talks about the uselessness of the carrier type in space warfare,
but this assumes knowledge of the types of weapons that will be used in future
wars.

The type and style of warfare will be defined by the technology used (energy
shields vs. armor plates.. laser guns vs. ravioli cans)- and the issues of
technology are almost entirely in the realm of possible imagination (neither
provable or disprovable).

Point is, while it is wonderful to hear different people's views of future
warfare and theories of space warfare, it is impossible to say anything
definate with any degree of accuracy (especially if you consider that in the
future space age, technology will continue to develop with corresponding
changes in war).

That is why I don't like this article.  His conclusions are impossible to
attain without some sort of fore-knowledge of future technology/events.

-Lenny

In lugnet.space, Tony Knaak writes:
Both these articles are very interesting as well as informative to all the
spacers here. The first link leads to a listing and description of ALL
proper names for space vessel designations by size and duty. I thought this
was very informative.

http://members.aol.com/noctifer03/private/Abyss/Technology/Vehicles/Space/overview.html

This article is very well written and brings up a good discussion point.
Read it and see if you agree or disagree about this persons prediction of
space warfare.

http://www.geocities.com/yuenkitmun/sf-coralsea.html

out
Tony Knaak