 Space / 20214
Re: Some great Space info and dicussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:18:49 GMT

In article <H8Hn05.I5G@lugnet.com>, "Tony Knaak" <tknaaker@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Both these articles are very interesting as well as informative to all the
spacers here. The first link leads to a listing and description of ALL
proper names for space vessel designations by size and duty. I thought this
was very informative.

http://members.aol.com/noctifer03/private/Abyss/Technology/Vehicles/Space/over
view.html

   That's a good site, but I don't like the fact that he sets definite
masses for different classifications of spacecraft. We really have no
idea as to how large space vehicles in real life would be.

This article is very well written and brings up a good discussion point.
Read it and see if you agree or disagree about this persons prediction of
space warfare.

http://www.geocities.com/yuenkitmun/sf-coralsea.html

out
Tony Knaak
http://www.ozbricks.com/legostuff/index/index.html
http://www.ozbricks.com/legostuff/mechastruct.html

   I totally agree with his assessment of future space combat. However,
in the Lego world, making carriers is far less difficult than building
ships with many huge weapons, since Lego parts are quite expensive.
   In my little imaginary Lego world, battles are largely fought by huge
vehicles with dozens of large weapons. However, it is simply not
economically feasible for most people to build ships in this manner.
--
Know the glory of the mighty Solarian Empire.
http://www.ozbricks.net/solarianempire/