 Space / 20213
Re: A Question of Size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 14 Jan 2003 07:04:23 GMT

ESCORT: Essentially a sub-SHIP, with a several person crew (~5+). I think of
it
as a destroyer escort, which is a smaller ship meant to escort larger SHIPs.
(size: 40-80 studs)

   The modern term for a destroyer escort is "frigate." Anyhow, I like
the term escort as applied to 40-80 stud ships, it's fitting.