 Space / 20442
Re: more .space Crash Course ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 17:07:34 GMT

Here is a prototype docking port airlock passageway I created for the moonbase
modules:

The main feature is its ability to function as a passageway between modules when
the airlock is not needed.  It is intended for semi-permanent connection between
modules that require frequent access in and out such as a resupply ship or
tourist module.  It was made from readily available parts so it is not color
coordinated.

The first picture shows a classic space minifig at the emergency controls.
Normal operation would be from inside the module with no-one in the airlock.
The third picture shows a portion of the airlock curved panel.

Maybe this will be of use for some.

In lugnet.space, Paul Hartzog writes:
ooh,
also i think .space crash course should have
the three awesome hatches/doors we've seen

maddison's cylinder airlock

travis' new hatch
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=19348

and todd's great door
on the sighthound site
(w/ instructions)
http://www.lugco.org/todd/sighthound/

i think those are all not only historical moments
but great intro for new builders :-)

-paul