 Space / 19444
19443  |  19445
Subject:
Creating the .space Crash Course
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 05:44:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I would like full community involvement for the next .space sidebar feature.
I'd like to put together a section that will be helpful to .space newbies
(and useful for old schoolers too).

Paul Hartzog and I thought "The .space Crash Course" sounded catchy,
although I'm not firm on this.  If one of you has a better name please let
me know.

Post or email what you think makes .space what it is.  List off what you
feel are the most important issues, ideas, posts, discussions, MOCs, etc..

I'm considering making this in a timeline form.  So think of it that way if
it helps.

Concentrate on what you know about.  If you know of a certain post or
building technique that you feel changed .space forever, make a note of it.

List contests, fads and events.

Toot your own horn a bit if you feel you have something important to share.
Don't be shy.

This isn't a "greatest builders list" but feel free to point out builders
that you feel have impacted all of us.  Point out when someone first
appeared or did something insanely cool.  It is the builders after all who
make up .space.  Think of the entire spectrum here.  From the people who
have only made one or two cool things and posted very little,  on up to
those who have built/posted a lot.

Point out important Acronyms, characters, aliens, trends.

At every chance think of something funny.  Funny is good.

Here's what I need:

1.Your description.  A sentence to a small paragraph will do.  Even one word
might work in some cases.  Check spelling and grammar please.

2. The complete URL to the item.  The majority of these will be LUGNET
posts.  If it's a website or MOC you'd like to point out, but it was posted
to LUGNET, please give the post's URL.  *Unless* the link within the post is
dead, and you know the website or MOC is somewhere else now.

3. Try to include the date when this event first appeared.  If you can't
nail it down try to think of the general time period.  I think most of these
items will have a date attached to them, but some issues might not.

Here are 2 example entries:

A random search digs up Ken Takeuchi, a Japanese builder who blows .space
away with his amazing microfig creations.

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=14372

(and)

Trevor Pruden becomes the first poor soul to experience the joys of
Fleebnork duty.

http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=6261

......Try to make yours look like that.  Date/Text/URL (hint: just copy the
URL and the date from the post)

Post or email as many or as few of these as you can, I'll gather them all up
and make a list with as many as I can.

Sound good?

[ j o n ]