 Space / 19504
Re: Creating the .space Crash Course
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 02:06:50 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:

Toot your own horn a bit if you feel you have something important to share.
Don't be shy.

If you insist. :-)

April 4, 2002
A new species of fleebnork is discovered to be an efficient fuel source.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=13646

July 1, 2002
A late night building session nets a working circular airlock.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=15185

Other Stuff:

July 9, 2000
Mark Sandlin gives us "one more little update" that becomes one of the most
recognizable crafts in the history of .space.

Oct 27, 2000
Todd Lehman announces the first (of a three-year running) space building
contest.
http://news.lugnet.com/build/contests/?n=82

November 30, 2000
Mark Sandlin debuts the Neverwhere and forever changes the way people view
saucer dishes.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=4950

December 7, 2000
Mark Sandlin releases the first test of the Spamcake Drive.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=5174

April 20, 2001
The Grand Admiral is Reinstated; people rejoice in the streets.  Life is good.
http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=29752

June 19, 2001
The post that introduced us to the one and only Jesse Alan Long, and sparked
the question - should spaceships have wings?  The post that caused the (I
believe) longest .space thread ever.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=9290

February 8, 2002
Jon Palmer announces the Alphabet Project and spawns all kinds of inspiration.
http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=67

April 3, 2002
Little does Gil Shaw know that he's released the beast and started
(arguably) the biggest fad to ever hit .space...
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=13605

Brickfest 2002
The Moonbase Project is born.
http://www.classic-space.com/moonbase/start/ (couldn't find the original thread)

That's all for right now - we'll see what I can dig up later.

-Chris