 Space / 16089
Re: Attack of the clones (what the heck was all that?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 03:04:38 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Kirby Warden writes:
I like it too.  But I also liked the idea of purple and chrome...

Well I will always prefer violet over purple, (just in case I haven't made that
completly clear yet :-D) as for chrome well...  That would be cool but I would
much rather have silver plastic parts.  (as found in the Spiderman Green Goblin
set)  There are two reasons for this.  Every "chrome" toy I have ever had
eventually chipped and pealed and now looks like crap.  As a result I am overly
cautious of even using chrome for building let alone the normal wear and tear
of actually playing with them.  I will agree that chrome looks better than
silver plastic right now, but what about 10 years from now?  The second reason
is cost.  I would rather have 20 silver parts than 10 chrome parts.

Just for the record I have no interest what so ever in the chrome Naboo
Fighter. I might of considered one if it had a Naboo Pilot but well there is
not so.

-Mike Petrucelli