 Space / 1405
Re: Air lock and ship docking discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:41:44 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer writes:

    The first is a small airlock which would allow access to the outside of
the ship for repairs and such. I suppose this airlock because it does not
really need to connect to anything shouldn't be integral to this discussion.
I could actually after all just have this be part of the docking air lock
and call it a day. The reason I wanted more I think was because I initially
wanted more cool technical stuff on my ship (function seems to follow form
here) but now it strikes me that my crew would need another exit. If they
are currently docked to another ship and need to get outside in a hurry this
seems to be a better alternative then popping off the other ship or
something so they could exit via the docking lock.

    I guess this small airlock would not need to be universal aside from the
fact that all of these would have a mini fig size (on a mini fig scale ship
but I guess this discussion seems to exclude other scales). this brings me
to another idea....

    -Jon

-web:    http://www.geocities.com/legotiel/bardiel.html

The Lego Company has some sliding doors from the #7180 B-Wing.  Their is a
little ground contol\command center for a hangar.  Using the doors, you could
maybe use some technic pieces to make it dockable.

Rob (The Newbie)