 Space / 1410
Re: Air lock and ship docking discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 15:41:32 GMT

"John J. Ladasky Jr." <ladasky@my-deja.com> writes:
Maybe the hatch almost always opens into the docking port
of another vehicle, or into a breathable atmosphere.  In that
case, you can get away with a single door on the ship, which
greatly simplifies the interior design.

Or you can create a little extension (sort of like a docking port with no
ship attached) which adds an extra door to the port, thereby creating an
airlock.

I haven't said anything about this for a while.  However, shortly
after the original discussion ended, I concluded that we Space Datsville

hopefuls will probably still end up with at least two or three different
types of airlock design.  Some of them may be able to join to each
other, >others not.

Then comes the challenge of creating adapters from one type to another.
Hey they could do it for the astro/cosmonaut meeting, why not for Space
Datsville?
--Bram