 Space / 1414
Re: Air lock and ship docking discussion
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 2000 22:08:43 GMT

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes:
In lugnet.space, Bram Lambrecht writes:
Or you can create a little extension (sort of like a docking port
with no ship attached) which adds an extra door to the port, thereby
creating an airlock.

If I haven't already, I meant to thank you for this design! I've built
it and it works nicely.

You're welcome.  Do you have pictures somewhere?

If successful adaptation occurs, again, the idea returns of a common
geography/universe to incorporate our ideas. I'm not sure it's
possible.

I'd like to see something like this, though.  Consider Castle World:
everything can't possibly line up correctly.  There are still technology
or magic issues and differences in storylines...Or Datsville: not
everyone builds at the same scale or in the same style, but it still
works.
I, for one, hardly have a storyline at all...I just like to build stuff
and think it'd be cool for people's creations to meet.  I'd even be
willing to work on raytraced scenes...(although I might ask someone else
to do the final renders.)
--Bram