 Robotics / NXT / 666 (-100)
  NXT UNV Robot MOC

All, After sitting my a shelf for months, I've finally gotten around to uploading pics and a movie of my UNV NXT Robot rover. For details visit www.plastibots.com (URL) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Table of NXT-G blocks

I've created a dedicated page in NXTasy.org for a table of all available NXT-G blocks. The page can be accessed directly at (URL) or via a link in the Programming/NXT-G category description. If you know of blocks I've not included - please email me. (...) (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) turn (...) I (...) customized but (...) I agree John. I just turn the volume all the way down and it doesn't make any noise. It doesn't even click in samba mode. (17 years ago, 14-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NBC/NXC beta news

(...) Well, I'm happy to give em a go :) ROSCO (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NBC/NXC beta news

I have released a new beta (b28) of NBC/NXC. You can find it at (URL) support is liable to have a few problems still since it is new and has not been extensively tested. Ditto for typedefs. I also posted a universal binary of beta 27 that was built (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I have just uploaded a new zip. The new version should play the default NXT click sound on the PC when you press the buttons. If you put a wave file in the same directory as the NeXTScreen utility and name it "click.wav" then the utility (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I tested this a little more and as far as I can tell the versions prior to the one I just uploaded were not actually saving in JPG or PNG format. I discovered the problem when I was trying to add support for saving in RIC format (an odd thing (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  digital IO from input port

I've posted (part I of) a tutorial regarding direct IO from input port pins 5 and 6. A nice application is shown - rotation counter on input port using motor built-in encoders. Read it here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Yes, thank you. Looking forward to it. It's going to be a good attention getter. (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) It occurred to me last night that I had totally misunderstood what you were saying. Maybe the NXT had been clicking all along when you pressed the buttons on the utility and that you were wanting specifically to also have the PC make a noise (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I don't mind it making noises when I tell it to but squawking everytime I turn it on or clicking whenever I press a button is just a bit too much for me. I understand that kids probably love it - especially when it's been customized but I (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) "beautifully silent" ... hummm, and this is from the author of wav2rso ;-) I don't have stats to prove it, just a feeling. Having the kids personalize their NXT programs using sounds converted using wav2rso does a lot of good! Two girls were (...) (17 years ago, 13-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Using arrays in LabView/NXT-G

I've written a post regarding problems with array usage with (version 1.0) LabView compiler (i.e. what is currently used in NXTToolkit and NXT-G). Read it here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I have updated both versions of the NXT Screen utility to play the "! Click" sound on the NXT when a button is pressed. Since I delete all the standard sound files as soon as I can after installing the official firmware that means my NXT (...) (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I checked this out today and it does not work. Any attempt to set the button state to pressed via IOMapWrite using the Button module is ignored since the button module is continuously updating that same field in the button IOMap based on (...) (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

Everyone is asking for a new feature, so I'm going to ask one for me... :-) What about Mac OS X support for NextScreen? -- alf (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) How about a "click" sound when the keys are hit? Or perhaps a little blur on the keyface to indicate that it has been clicked? It shouldn't need to be, but the Wii generation seems to need multi-media reinforcements. (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Hi John, Thanks for adding the PNG support. I downloaded and played with both versions of the util and the PNG save works great. Once again, many thanks for the utility and I look forward to the clear NXT screen captures that will help us all (...) (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) That's wonderful. I am very glad that it has proven to be a useful tool. Make sure you've got the very latest zip from late yesterday afternoon which has all the hot keys working as well as JPG and PNG image support. John Hansen (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) It worked! Teaching the kids how to use View couldn't have been easier. NextScreen2 is now very much a part of my toolkit. Hurrah!! (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Inserting buttons into the UI command stream for the UI module to process is extremely simple. A completely different approach is required while the VM is executing a program. When a program is running you might be able to write to the Button (...) (17 years ago, 12-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Wow! I wish I had that power with everyone! A couple of issues though: 1. The buttons don't work inside programs :( (well not my programs anyway); 2. When I switch the NXT off while running NeXTscreen, garbage is displayed. It'd be nice if it (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I have replaced the zips (test_release.zip and nextscreen.zip) with new versions which add support for saving .png images. All it took was downloading the pngimage component for Delphi from sourceforge and then adding ", pngimage" to the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I would vote for .gif or .png support, both of which are lossless for the monochrome NXT display. JPG is lossy even in monochrome. Thanks again for the great utility. Dave (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I noticed that myself shortly before you posted. The version with a main menu bar and toolbar at the top has menu shortcuts which do work but in the NXT image version (with no main menu) the shortcuts do not work. Or, at least, they did not (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Simply outstanding !!! Just one problem, the Ctrl-C shortcut doesn't seem to work for me (BrixCC version), while the Right_click/copy does. Philo (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) I just uploaded a new nextscreen.zip with both versions of the NeXT Screen utility. The one which uses an image of the NXT now supports scaling via the right-click popup menu. You can scale from 1x to 4x with several fixed steps in between. I (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Thanks a lot! I'm starting three classes today. Your utility will be utilized extensively. (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Options for missing NXT Edu (9797) parts

(...) Haven't lost an NXT yet. Although it's just a matter of time. After one round with 25 Educational NXTs, I'm short 3 motors, a few sensors, some minifigs, etc. In the past few years, I've lost several RCXs. It's the nature of the beast. Half (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Options for missing NXT Edu (9797) parts

(...) That's sad, but at least it sounds like you're missing the inexpensive regular parts, and not any of the costly sensors, motors, wires, or (heaven forfend) the NXT brick itself. (...) Now, with the NXT set, the "white" parts are not white, (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) This evening I uploaded a zip containing two versions of the utility. The newer version uses a bitmap of the NXT and the screen image is not scalable but otherwise it functions identically to the second version I posted. For classroom purposes (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Options for missing NXT Edu (9797) parts

As usual, sets don't last a school term before some parts go missing. I can't find Technic Beam 13 (aka Liftarm 1 x 13 thick) in Md-stone color from either peeron or bricklink. Although, Briclink has some in pearl. So what are my other options to (...) (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Excellent! Starting tomorrow, it's going up on several LCD Projectors in classrooms throughout Portland Oregon. (17 years ago, 11-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Your wish is my command! I've uploaded a spiffed-up version of the utility which includes 4 little buttons. Pressing them does what you might hope it would. I've also uploaded a new test_release.zip containing a version of BricxCC with this (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) the PC ;) ROSCO (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Another New NXT Utility

(...) Hi John, Wow, that's fantastic! I've been dreaming of such a utility since I bought my NXT about a month ago. I don't have my brick with me here at work, but I'm looking forward to giving the utility a whirl once I'm back home this evening. (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Another New NXT Utility

Michael Anderson had a great idea for an NXT tool for BricxCC. He envisioned a PC screen which would show whatever was on the NXT screen, only scaled to a larger size. He mentioned his idea to me and a couple hours later it was finished (or, at (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt) !

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) They are tiny. #define SIZE_OF_HSBUF 128 typedef struct { UBYTE Buf[SIZE_OF_HSBUF]; UBYTE InPtr; UBYTE OutPtr; UBYTE Spare1; UBYTE Spare2; }HSBUF; // HI Speed related entries HSBUF HsInBuf; HSBUF HsOutBuf; The IOMap hi speed buffer is copied (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Hi Juergen, Yes, I found this night the entries at Lego-Source-Code... and no line about P-NET-Protocol... My first thought was to implement a simple p-net-node at own MCU, but now I can try my own communication from NXT (master) to external (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

Hi Christian, (...) the RS-485 interface is directly connected to the AT91SAM7S USART, so you can choose the bit rate quite freely. (...) No, it is not necessary, P-Net is just a field bus which seems to be popular in Denmark, there are others which (...) (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: EggArt - a 4-colour Easter egg painting robot

(...) Wonderful. This is not the typical Mindstorms Printer, of course ^_^ Congratulations David! (17 years ago, 10-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Hi, halfduplex is not the problem when connecting the NXT to an external MCU. My problem is the bitrate of 921,6 kbits/s. Simple cheap MCU like ATMega didn't support this bitrate (as far as I know). To add an external devices (e.g MCU+SD-Card (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Hi John. I must have misunderstood something I was told a while back which went along the lines of "there isn't enough time to implement support for this feature". Perhaps there was some time after all ;) Do you know how large the OutBuf and (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: EggArt - a 4-colour Easter egg painting robot

(...) Congratulations on getting your egg painting robot done! Looks like you got your pen mechanism working exactly as you planned. Very nice! (...) What do you mean; I think the eggs are beautiful! But I think you should write "Happy Easter" on (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: NXT external storage

(...) Yes. RobotC already supports an optional "fast" mode that is five times faster transmission when reading a single byte. For reading multiple bytes from an I2C device, RobotC is about 15 times faster than the NXT-G firmware. There are a couple (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) Do you think it is possible to read/write binary and ascii data to this device or is there a special protocol neccessary ? What about bitrate of EIA-485 device ? Is it possible to adjust bitrate to anything more usable (9600, 38400, 115200) ? (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT external storage

(...) Yes, 9600 bits/s is really slow for storage access. Is there a known way to increase the clock and transferrate of I2C ? Christian (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: EggArt - a 4-colour Easter egg painting robot

(...) The promised videos (1-2Mb each): (URL) at 11Mb: (URL) David Schilling (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) What is not supported about this port in the standard NXT firmware? You can read from it and write to it using the IOMapRead and IOMapWrite syscall functions. Looking at the firmware source code it certainly looks like everything is setup to (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  EggArt - a 4-colour Easter egg painting robot

Just in the nick of time, the day before Easter, I completed building a 4-colour NXT Easter egg painting robot. I started building it several months ago, when I thought I'd have plenty of time before Easter. Of course, at about the 85% complete (...) (17 years ago, 9-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.org.us.smart) !

  RE: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

I've looked at implementing an interface for RobotC, but I've always struggled with why bother since there are no applications that connect to it. I wish LEGO had implemented an option to provide a logic level "RS-232" UART on port four. Yes, I (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

(...) As far as I know, there isn't any support for this interface in either the standard firmware or any of the other third party firmware implementations. The interface runs at 921,600 bps so it will be fast enough to be really useful. I am hoping (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT external storage

(...) It may work, but it will be very slow. The NXT runs the i2c ports at only 9600kb/s, so the data will trickle to the NXT very slowly. (...) I think that the answer is yes. (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT BrickSorter - Sorting bricks with a HiTechnic colour sensor.

(...) Thx for the comments. The design as it stands right now would not allow the sorter unit to rotate all the way around - not a bad idea though. I wanted to challenge myself with the angle idea on the sorter itself (2 rows of cups). With larger (...) (17 years ago, 8-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  Using NXT Port 4 EIA-485

Hi, is there currently any software-support (pbLua, NXT-G, NXJ) for NXT Port4 highspeed serial communication (EIA-485) ? This port can be used for connecting some new hardware (camera, SD-Card-storage) to the NXT... Thanks for more informations Bye (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Wishlist for next pbLua Beta

Hi, current version of pbLua (Beta-3) works very well for me :D But now I have some more wishes for the next versions: 1. Filesystem (storing chunks and data at NXT) 2. Console via BT (I have autonomous robots with cable) 3. Audio e.g (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT external storage

Hi, what are you thinking about extending the NXT with an external storage for more sounds or karthographic data ? A simple hardware interface NXT==>I2C==>IOPort==>SD-Card is not the problem, but how can this supported by operating system (e.g (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NXT BrickSorter - Sorting bricks with a HiTechnic colour sensor.

(...) Cool stuff, and a very elegant design. I was wondering if there is a reason you don't have cups all the way around the sorter? Have you tried to put the color sensor inside a housing to cut down on ambient light? And the real question the (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, FTX)

  NXT BrickSorter - Sorting bricks with a HiTechnic colour sensor.

What better idea to come up with to test the HiTechnic colour sensor then to build a LEGO brick sorter. So, that’s what I did. After quickly learning that the sensor does not read colour from a distance (in my excitement I forgot to read the (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua: Ultrasonic Sensor usage

Hi, I'm trying to use the us-sensor with pbLua, but without success. The result of reading a byte from sensor is allways 0. What means at HDK I2C Communication protocol: Read measurement Byte 0 : 0x02 0x42 R+0x03 (what is R+0x03) ??? Any idea ? (...) (17 years ago, 7-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXTRC: Using Bluetooth with NXT under Linux.

Hi, I wrote a program that allows to communicate with a NXT brick under Linux using a Bluetooth link. With this program you can upload and download programs run them and other stuff. You can find more info and get the source at (URL). Our site is (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics)

  Logging from NXT to PC via Bluetooth

I have been working for some time on an advanced NBC application that sends/logs data over Bluetooth from the NXT to a PC. The header for the file explains, in detail, how it works, so I'll just paste it here. It is compiled with a pre-released (...) (17 years ago, 6-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  NXT Bluetooth Message Performance

Any have any experience with communicating over Bluetooth with 'master' connected to more than one NXT? If so, can you share any performance results? My guess is that it is very slow. My expectation is that when there is one master NXT and two slave (...) (17 years ago, 4-Apr-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: NXT Reset

(...) As I was rummaging through a few boxes of parts, I gathered up all the antenna I could find. I also tried out other pieces that would work to reset an NXT. It seems that anything that fits into a minifig's hands or slip inside a pin or (...) (17 years ago, 31-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Fixed-point for NXT-G

I posted an NXT-G block which implements fixed-point arithmetic operations. Details and download here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 30-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Extreme NXT: Extending the LEGO Mindstorms NXT to the Next Level

(...) In case any of you were waiting, the book is now shipping from Amazon. Preview information at www.extremenxt.com/books.htm. Michael Gasperi (18 years ago, 29-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) That's great news, David. I'm glad that you are having success using the new CommExecuteFunction system call. I haven't had a chance to test it at all yet personally but I was very confident that it would just work seeing as how exposing it (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: "Advanced" palette guide for Robolab 2.9.2 ?

(...) You may want to check out the RoboBooks here: (URL) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  RE: "Advanced" palette guide for Robolab 2.9.2 ?

I have difficult in locating manual for some sort of guide for the new functions such as: - "Detective" under the "Projects" menu bar - Icons in the "Advanced" Palette. Well, I'm sure I can play with it and find out how to use it. However, a guide (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

"John Hansen" <afanofosc@comcast.net> wrote in message news:JF0sGr.M2w@lugnet.com... (...) implement (...) big snip Great job John. And thank you especially for CommExecuteFunction. I couldn't believe that Lego didn't allow a way to make a Bluetooth (...) (18 years ago, 28-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Edu NXT #9797 Inventory count

Have you ever heard the story of the Grandma who wanted a new washing machine? Grandpa was a such a good repairman, that he kept the old machine going, and going, and going. Finally, Grandma got an idea. While Grandpa had the machine stripped down (...) (18 years ago, 23-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Memory Level NXT-G Block

Here's a block to monitor amount of NXT Flash memory available: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Yeah, I know. My command line parameter parsing code is pretty yucky. :-) John (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Unix nerds would say it shouldn't be there in the first place ;) ROSCO (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Brian Davis wrote: ... (...) Not too sure about NBC (I'd classify for clueless newbie too), but if you didn't see it already, there is also a tool you might find handy if you happen to have bluetooth on your Mac: (URL) It (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) I accidentally left off the "=" after -I. ./nbc -I=/usr/local/include program.nxc -O=program.rxe Sorry about that. John Hansen (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

(...) Here's a really simple way to use NBC/NXC on a Mac: (URL) you want to execute the compiler yourself then you just open a terminal window, change directory to your source code path, and execute nbc like this: nbc program.nbc -O=program.rxe or (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Running NBC/NXC on a Mac (OSX)

Assume I'm an idiot. As many will tell you here, this is at many times a reasonably safe assumption. Yes, I know who you are, stop snickering. How do I work NBC/NXC under OSX? When I download the latest package and double-click the app, it opens the (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) John - I know you don't like this and I agree that the best solution is NI changing their compiler to allow extending firmware with new syscalls. The way things work, I'm afraid, this will not happen anytime soon. I'm trying to suggest (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Beta 3 - Available

All, pbLua beta 3 is available now at: (URL) This new version has the bug in the regulation fixed, and the default motor mode is brake, not float. I've also updated the API docs to correct errors (there are probably more) and added an install doc (...) (18 years ago, 22-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking)

  Re: pbLua Fun at OSX

(...) Finally, I did something right - by accident! Christian, could I ask you to please send me (off list if you like) some screen shots of what happens when you connect the NXT? I can't remember if I sent you Mac instructions, but you just look (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  pbLua Fun at OSX

Hello World, pbLua-Beta2 is out and 90% of my wishes are true now :D Running pbLua with OSX worked out of the box... 1. Flashing NXT and reboot the box once 2. checking for new NXT-Device (ls -la /dev/tty.usb*) 3. connecting with screen to NXT (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

(...) Can you flesh this out a bit? What do you have in mind when you say "create from it a new program clump"? The current version of the firmware limits the size of this buffer to 64 bytes. I increased that limit in my recent changes to be 800 (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G

One of the biggest problems with extending the current FW is that the NI compiler for NXT-G/NXTToolkit is not so flexible. In particular, one can't add new syscalls. Here's a suggestion I would be happy to hear your ideas on - the NXT-G compiler has (...) (18 years ago, 21-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  new NXT mailinglist established

Hello! A new NXT mailinglist is established. Because there are no german mailinglists until now, this mailinglist is for german speaking (not necessary native) people around the world. You need an (free) yahoo account to participate! (URL) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

... (...) Hi John, I just tried to load it and just tested the "Try-me" light sensor. It worked fine. Not so much help, but I can try some more another day. Good work. Rasmus (...) (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Battery Level NXT-G Block

I've posted a new NXT-G Block that reads the battery level from the UI module IOMAP. Can also be used as a sensor block to detect low power conditions. Details and download: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 19-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Last call for my New York City NXT Meet-Up

I have the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT ROBOTICS SET and since I'm so "into it", my father and I were thinking we could start up a Lego MindStorms NXT Meet up group/club in New York City where we could meet once a month (or every other month), build, (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Detecting stall and slip conditions in NXT-G

I published a new "sensor" NXT-G Block that monitors that actual power sent to the NXT servos. This is useful to detected both stall conditions as well as the move challenging slip conditions. Full description and download are here: (URL) Ziv (...) (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  MinMax NXT-G Block

I've published a small NXT-G block that allows to find the minimal and maximal value of a varying input. Description and download are here: (URL) Ziv NXTasy.org (18 years ago, 18-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) I would have liked to have one permanently, but it seems a little steep. Last summer I got a limited edition (32KB or something) along with the an AT91 evaluation board. (...) Perhaps Section 5.1 is useful: (URL) I just tried to post but it (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) It actually was not a very big deal. I was familiar with the firmware source code since I had looked at it quite a bit since it was released, trying to figure out how to get it to compile with GCC. All the RIC bug fixes were things I figured (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Enhanced standard NXT firmware

(...) <snipped description> Holy crap John! You've been really busy! For anyone poking around in this forum, I can say that what John has done is pretty significant. I have written my own firmware for the brick so I know how much work must have gone (...) (18 years ago, 17-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Enhanced standard NXT firmware

Over the past couple days I have used the IAR Embedded Workbench to implement some enhancements and bug fixes for the standard NXT firmware. The bug fixes are as follows: 1. RIC drawing code incorrectly checked the size of the OP_LINE structure for (...) (18 years ago, 16-Mar-07, to lugnet.robotics.nxt.nxthacking, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Although a robot pitcher and robot hitter would be very very kewl, just a robot pitcher and wireless remote control hitter would be very kewl. Like those old baseball machines at the beach. One would have to anticipate the lag and the speed of (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Unfortunately the ultrasonic sensor can't even detect the red and blue balls when stationary. (Unless you're REAL close: within an inch or two.) Their surface doesn't reflect much sound (perhaps something to do with the index of refraction), (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  re: Baseball

(...) Yes, that could work. We just need someone to design a "standard" pitching machine that can toss balls a foot or two. Then, we need a "regulation" bat size. We could do the whole base-ball, but I doubt very many people could field a whole (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: Brickworld Announcement - Area Attractions and baseball

(...) Ok, thinking out loud now: Well, what about a home run derby or the like? Maybe a machine that pitches and a machine that hits... We could use those red and blue spheres that come with the nxt... Would ultrasonic sensor work for detecting the (...) (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

  Re: NeXT-A-Sketch - My second program/first Dave-built NXT 'bot(ish...)

(...) Or do what I did. Change the program so you only have to tap the button to clear the screen so you can easily reset it while shaking upside down. (18 years ago, 15-Mar-07, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.robotics.nxt)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact