 Robotics / NXT / 642
Re: Another New NXT Utility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 20:15:30 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Philippe Hurbain wrote:
Let me know what you think of it.

Simply outstanding !!! Just one problem, the Ctrl-C shortcut doesn't seem to
work for me (BrixCC version), while the Right_click/copy does.

Philo

I noticed that myself shortly before you posted.  The version with a main menu
bar and toolbar at the top has menu shortcuts which do work but in the NXT image
version (with no main menu) the shortcuts do not work.  Or, at least, they did
not work until I just now fixed them.  I have uploaded a replacement of the
nextscreen.zip with both versions in it.  Both should now have shortcuts which
work correctly.

They both also now let you pick either Normal or Popup screen memory.  Popup
memory is usually empty but if you have batteries which are dying then the "low
battery" message image may be contained in the Popup memory.

Ctrl+N == Poll now.  Retrieve NXT screen memory (either normal or popup) and
display it on the PC.

Ctrl+P == Polling.  Turn on or off (toggle) periodic retrieving of NXT screen
memory (normal or popup) and display it on the PC.  The retrieval (aka refresh)
rate is user configurable.

Ctrl+1..Ctrl+0 == Refresh rate settings.  Set the periodic refresh rate to a
value between 50 ms (Ctrl+1) to 1 minute (Ctrl+0).  If Polling is enabled then
the NXT screen memory will be retrieved at the specified intervals.

Ctrl+S == Save to file.  Save the current NXT screen image to a file.

Ctrl+C == Copy to clipboard.  Copy the current NXT screen image to the
clipboard.

Left == press the left button on the NXT.

Right == press the right button on the NXT.

Up == press the enter button on the NXT.

Down == press the exit button on the NXT.

Finally, I added support for saving as a JPG file.  I may add PNG support if
lots of people ask for it.

John Hansen