 Robotics / NXT / 657
Re: Another New NXT Utility
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:22:31 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
Anyway, I tried both of the latest NeXTScreen versions, but did not hear "!
Click" out of the PC.  It has always played off the NXT.

It occurred to me last night that I had totally misunderstood what you were
saying.  Maybe the NXT had been clicking all along when you pressed the buttons
on the utility and that you were wanting specifically to also have the PC make a
noise of some sort or visually indicate that the buttons are being pressed.
Since my NXTs are all soundless I assumed that injecting button presses via
IOMapWrite was not causing the "! Click.rso" sound to be played.  That was a
really bad assumption.  I just tested the previous version with an NXT which has
that sound file installed on it and the NXT clicked.  My apologies for the
confusion.  I will implement something on the PC either audibly or visually.

John Hansen