 Robotics / NXT / 582
581  |  583
Subject:
Adding syscalls/opcodes to NXT-G
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 21 Mar 2007 09:59:44 GMT

One of the biggest problems with extending the current FW is that the NI
compiler for NXT-G/NXTToolkit is not so flexible. In particular, one can't add
new syscalls.
Here's a suggestion I would be happy to hear your ideas on - the NXT-G compiler
has a WriteIOMap function which has as an input a binary U8 array. One can
change this syscall in the FW so when the module name is left empty (not a case
I believe ever happens in any existing NXT-G blocks) the FW takes the binary
array, wraps it and create from it a new program clump. This will allow
executing syscalls and several other opcodes from NXT-G.

Guy Ziv
NXTasy.org