 Robotics / NXT / 637
Re: Options for missing NXT Edu (9797) parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 08:09:47 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.nxt, Edwin Pilobello wrote:
As usual, sets don't last a school term before some parts go missing.

That's sad, but at least it sounds like you're missing the inexpensive regular
parts, and not any of the costly sensors, motors, wires, or (heaven forfend) the
NXT brick itself.

I can't find Technic Beam 13 (aka Liftarm 1 x 13 thick) in Md-stone color
from either peeron or bricklink.  Although, Briclink has some in pearl.
So what are my other options to find the matching color?

Now, with the NXT set, the "white" parts are not white, light-grey, light-bley
(light-blueish grey), but appear to be light-light-bley (very-light-blueish grey
on Bricklink).  The problem is that with some of those colors, there is no
consistency on how they'll be listed on Bricklink unless they were uploaded by
having the system automatically part out a set for you.  Right now there is just
one seller who has a single used 1x13 liftarm in that color.

One option would be to check for true NXT parts (the electronic stuff) and make
sure that if you buy the regular parts from a store that also has other NXT-only
parts listed, but it might be simpler to just e-mail the seller and confirm that
they are from the NXT set (assuming the seller has a listed e-mail address
instead of requiring you to have made a purchase to communicate with them).

Another option would be to call up LEGO Consumer Affairs and ask them for a
replacement part.  I thought they offered the entire NXT set broken down into
components, but I can't seem to find a pack with just the beams and such (the
closest thing is the 9648 Educational Resource Kit, but that has a very
different batch of parts than the basic NXT set).