 Robotics / 7379
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.technic
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:54:44 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Damian Garcia writes:

Shaun Sullivan wrote in message <38038A63.5E1C@mit.edu>...

Boba Fett has about the same screen time his ship does (comparatively, think
pilot to craft ratio).  Although he appears briefly in the movie, the simple
fact that they are making Boba Fett coupled with the addition of him in Star
Wars for the special edditions shows they know about us fanatics.  They know
what we want and hopefully they will produce!!  My opinion is not as hopeful
as my argument above though.  Han without a vest  + Boba Fett to me means
desert skiff.

Han wasn't wearing his vest when he was frozen in carbonite. . . my feeling is
that there will be a slave I, and the promo catalog picture that we see of Han
Solo is the minifig that will come with the Slave I and somehow have a
carbonite
accessory chamber.  However, the only thing that casts a shadow of doubt in my
mind as to there being a Slave I produced, is the actual name of the ship . . .
although I'd bet that just as many adults as kids are buying these Star Wars
sets, Lego still markets almost exclusively to kids, and I just can't see them
using the word "Slave" in a set name.  If George Lucas is a stickler about
this,
I don't think that we'll see the Slave I.  However, I'm optimistic that it will
be produced, probably with some kind of name like "Bounty Hunter Ship".  I know
. . . not that wholesome, but not quite like "Slave I."  Anyway, I think that
we
will see a Skiff with Boba Fett, but not yet.