 Robotics / 7397
Re: Upcoming _Star Wars_ Mindstorms and Technics Releases
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:24:55 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Matthew Miller writes:
Jason Fabisch <jfabisch@alphawire.com> wrote:
the AAT, MTT and the Two Kaadus right away.  Also, multiple mindstorm sets?
No possible way.  To date there are only 2 expansions, now suddenly there are
4 more and all star wars.  I don't think so.  Were still waiting for the Mars

Well, there's the Mindstorms RIS + 2 expansions,
Right, these are the two official expansions for Lego Mindstorms with the Mars
Expedition on the way.  That makes 3 total in 2 years.

+ Cybermaster
This is a stand alone system, not Mindstorms.  The rumored sets clearly
say, "Mindstorm Expansion", not "Cybermaster Expansion"

+ Droid
Developer Kit
This too is a stand alone system with the Micro Scout.  But I am not sure if
it says "Mindstorm Expansion set" like rumor is reporting.

+ Robotics Discovery Set.
This too is a stand alone set.  It doesn't need a Mindstorm set to work.  Not
really an expansion either.

Hope this clears up what I mean.  Any Lego set can be considered an expansion,
however the rumor is clearly saying "Mindstorm Expansion".  Sorry, these
excessive Star Wars Expansions are not going to happen.

Jason F.