 Robotics / 7396
RE: LEGO Reverse DNS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:11:23 GMT

Ralph Hempel <rhempel@bmts.com> wrote:
1. What is the domain name that TLG shows up as when your
   site is hit by them?

Our web server recorded 80 hits from inside lego.com during Sep/Oct/Nov of
last year.  All hits were from a single machine.  My top-level
page was hit
10 times.  I suspect all of these hits were from a single person.

Ahhh. Last year...is this when you were starting to publish the
internals - I think so.

At that point I think they might have been casting around looking
to see if anyone was actually hacking the RCX. Once they found out
what was going on, I'll bet there was some head scratching...and some
sheepish looks.

"How the heck did anyone break in so quickly?"

Has anyone had any recent hits? with all of the interest in the RCX and
Mindfest and so on, you would think that TLG would be snooping around.

I'd really like to meet some of the R&D folks to compliment them on
a good product. Once you commit to burning 100,000 or more devices
with OTPROM, you had better be darned sure it's reliable - and it is.

Cheers,

Ralph Hempel - P.Eng

<http://www.hempeldesigngroup.com/lego/pbFORTH>
Reply to:      rhempel at bmts dot com