 Robotics / 7353
Re: LEGO Reverse DNS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:44:51 GMT

Once, after doing too many nights of research at the Lego web site, I used
that domain as an example in a System admin class I was teaching.  I showed
the folks in the class how to setup a secondary DNS and just for fun (and
since I'd been so absorbed in their site anyway), I chose lego.com's
master server as the master to our class' slaves.

All went well in class and everyone got a kick out of how to setup a
secondary DNS server.  All the machines used in class were wiped clean,
thus not doing any more zone transfers of lego.com, EXCEPT for the one
at my house (where I had been preparing my class notes).

I got a nice e-mail from someone at TLG asking me why I continued to do
zone transfers and if I would, to please stop.

8-)

AlanC
--
Competing pressures tempt one to believe                |     Alan Clegg
that an issue deferred is a problem avoided;            |  www.firehouse.net