 Robotics / 7352
Re: LEGO Reverse DNS?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:26:59 GMT

=>From: "Ralph Hempel" <rhempel@bmts.com>
=>...
=>Any of the other high-hit sites have a reverse DNS capability?

Anybody (well, *almost* anybody) has reverse DNS capability.  High-hit
sites don't often have the reverse lookup turned on, since it's quite
expensive.  They usually just log the IP addresses.  However, if you
can get hold of the logs, you can easily do the reverse lookups
yourself.  On *ix, just do "nslookup 123.123.123.123" (where
123.123.123.123 is the IP address you got from the log!)  I think NT
has a similar command, and maybe even 95/98 can do it.  There are
probably even web pages where you can type in an address and get the
domain name back.

If all else fails, I hereby volunteer to do reverse lookups on a list
of IP addresses for any LEGO enthusiasts who have such a list and can
get it to me somehow (if you email it, PLEASE make sure you only send
it to me -- it's probably not very interesting to anybody else).

d.